Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HD mod support?  (Read 3673 times)
ultimamax
Seedling

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »

How many people are interested in this? I think it would be a really cool addition. Are there plans for HD mod support?
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:06:14 PM »

I thought the base game already supported HD.  Huh?

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »

Quite obvious, we all want it. There aren't any plans for it though.

Huh?

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »

I'm confused, Spelunky HD is already in HD, and due to the nature of Spelunky Classic, HD is impossible.
(Or to put it in better words, would pretty much require rewriting the entire code for proper coordinates and stuff.)

Alranican
Shoot

The fourth Spelunker is too hard for me to draw.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »

I'm confused, Spelunky HD is already in HD.

He means mods for Spelunky HD. Like, game-changing mods, not just texture mods.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 08:24:42 PM »

Oh, that?, derp.

There is the deprecated seedlunky, new frozlunky, and mini-maplunky.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:30 PM »

Mini-maplunky isn't a true example - it relies on a bug in the way the pro hub graphics load.

This is technically impossible without the source code - the game is not designed to be friendly to asm hackers.

The only reason why Seedlunky and Frozlunky worked is because they've bothered trying to reverse engineer the way levels load. It's still a pain in the neck to reverse engineer - Seedlunky's creator said it's very impractical to do more advanced mods than hacking the random number generator, and Frozlunky's creator implied to me that he worked very hard trying to make sense of the asm code to attempt to add functions that changes the way levels load.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 04:31:53 AM »

IK, but there still mods.

ultimamax
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »

Another game I play doesn't allow you to see the source code itself, but it lets you modify the existing functions without seeing the source code (by parenting them) or add your own, set global variables, and pass statements on your own. You load mods simply by executing them from within the game (with a file-path) or placing them in a certain folder.

The game is very mod oriented and this seems to work well. Would it be that hard to add a developer's console and allow players to execute scripts?
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »

Well, Derek was too lazy to add the level-editor, mini-games, and possibly the tunnel man.

SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 07:28:23 PM »

Well, Derek was too lazy to add the level-editor, mini-games, and possibly the tunnel man.
Exactly. And he took out the bow because "It wouldn't fit cuz the other weapons are infinite ammo."
What the fuck! If he wanted the bow to not be in the game cuz of it's  limited ammo, then why the hell doesn't he just include it, but added unlimited ammo? What type of drug was he smoking? Sure the bow was useless in Classic, but he could of easily improved it and made it a creative and cool and useful item. But no. He was to lazy.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 12:10:57 AM »

I understand TM being overpowered, but he should have added the other two and a improved bow (as stated by Super).

I hope Spelunky gets an update for the inclusion of these in the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: