Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky - The Lost Update  (Read 59846 times)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »

Wow, you really are adding all kinds of stuff. What the practical difference between a parachute you can toggle and the cape? Also, out of curiosity, why "Pyrite"?
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »

Wow, you really are adding all kinds of stuff.

Thanks!  Cheesy

What the practical difference between a parachute you can toggle and the cape?

Well, just some extra stuff I could cram into the Damsel too make up for the lack of any bombs and rope initially. Besides, it's a parasol, it acts like a parachute, but you can easily hide it and open it at will easily! Who's seen that be done to an actual parachute?

Also, out of curiosity, why "Pyrite"?

Pyrite is also known as 'fool's gold', but I used it as a rather ironic thing. Anyways, golden diamonds looks cool!

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »

There's no reason to have a cape if you start with a parasol that does the same thing, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 07:44:30 PM »

So I've been playing this for a bit, to see how much fools gold I can rack up Wink and I've got a suggestion. I noticed is things seem to fly a bit further when you set them down (i.e. throw while crouching). Normally this is fine, and it's handy if you want to drop something over a ledge, but it makes placing a bomb close enough to a wall to blast threw two blocks very difficult. So maybe you could special-case the situation where you're up against a wall.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »

There's no reason to have a cape if you start with a parasol that does the same thing, unless I'm misunderstanding something.
The Damsel's parasol acts as a combination of a parachute and a cape. So yes, it would be useless to have another cape with the parasol, in fact it will be annoying as each swaps with the other.

Vlad's cape and a jetpack are more useful, especially the jetpack.

I noticed is things seem to fly a bit further when you set them down (i.e. throw while crouching). Normally this is fine, and it's handy if you want to drop something over a ledge, but it makes placing a bomb close enough to a wall to blast threw two blocks very difficult. So maybe you could special-case the situation where you're up against a wall.

Yes, I have noticed that too. I find it a bit annoying trying to get it close to the wall. Maybe have the bomb lose all its x velocity if there is a wall close to it on the x axis? I'll try that. (Brings back horrible memories of trying to make the pitcher's mitt work like HD, floating items that bounce back and forth, ugh.)

SuB_Zer0
Shoot

Big style enter

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »

you should fix vlad's cape. While equipping it with jetpack it has little side effect: It flies slower forcing it to loose lots of fuel. Everything is about sprite. You should force vlad's cape to drop while equipping normal cape or jetpack. Try doing something with code. Thank u 4 dat awesome mod. BTW: I can wait even forever to see shopkeep & second game! <3 dis mod!

Survival after all!
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 04:54:24 AM »

Yup, got back with another update! Sorry for the time, and the tiny update, but it at least fixes some annoyances! There may be some features I forgot about.

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 02:44:10 PM »

@Sub_Zero
The shopkeeper already is an unlockable character. It just requires 16 murders (of shopkeepers) to unlock him.

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 08:29:39 AM »

Crap, accidantally posted my mod with the source included.

Fail...

I have deleted it for now, I will release a new update once I am done with Ver. 8. Though I may re-release Ver. 7 without source or Ver. 6.

SuB_Zer0
Shoot

Big style enter

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »

Well that's why your are mossbaby Tongue

Survival after all!
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »

I was rushing, since the last update was over a month ago. Though soon I should have a newer update with Editor+ Too Much Space Edition with Magic Signs, a command prompt, and some extra fun gamemodes like Pacifist, Poor, and Boom.

(Pacifist and Boom already exist, just look for the mods in the Modification Compendium, Poor was one inspired by who I think was Bae wanting Spelunky HD to have gold to kill you, for that achievement of defeating the game without money.)

And the Mossbaby/Mossy/Shoot/Bean thing is based off of how much posts I have done. First at Shoot, 50 to become Bean, then 250 to become Mossbaby. I do not know the rest yet.

SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »

Holy crap. Can't believe I haven't played this until now.
THIS IS SO BADASS! You are even planning to add this second start chamber it seems! I love this mod! 10/10! Bravo! Can't wait for the second start chamber level set thing!
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2014, 10:08:05 PM »

Cheesy

It's great that you love the mod! I am still a long way from releasing the source, so stay tuned!

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »

INFOLOG!

Just so you know what I am doing.

1. Pyrite shop is partial!
2. Daily Run is partial!
3. Editor Plus is WIP!
4. Camera is complete! (Gotta do ghost stuff.)
5. All crate stuff are complete!
6. Fixed throwing items with mitt! (Dice are still broken.)
7. Flamethrower has more fuel!
8. Flamethrower shows properly in hold item box!
9. Shops sell boomerang and camera!
10. Some other stuff I'll remember later.

SuB_Zer0
Shoot

Big style enter

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 06:33:50 AM »

I know you barely keeping up with updating such a Piece-Of-Technology mod, but please. Fix coingun. It really seems cool! You also could have added No-Ammo mode (if ppl want to use weapons w/o ammo).
                                                      Also
i found a potential bug: When  you reach jungle, die here, and quick respawn in caves  and got all shortcuts unlocked there a bug occurs - Those blocks making ''Frame'' around your level making you unable to escape (u hav 2 use door) are Jungle tiles (o.o) and there is endless abyss on the bottom
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:50:55 AM by SuB_Zer0 » Logged

Survival after all!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: