Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky - The Lost Update  (Read 58854 times)
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 11:46:02 AM »

The shop had some fancy gun and when I tried to use it against the shoppy I got this error...

for object oPlayer1:

In script scrUseItem:
Error in code at line 685:
                   obj = instance_create(x+12, y-2, oMiniBell);
                                                    ^
at position 51: Unknown variable oMiniBell

for object oPlayer1:

In script scrUseItem:
                                                    ^
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »

The shop had some fancy gun and when I tried to use it against the shoppy I got this error...

for object oPlayer1:

In script scrUseItem:
                                                    ^

for object oPlayer1:

In script scrUseItem:
                                                    ^

That would be the broken-and-currently-deprecated-with-code-that-was-left-unfinished coingun. Just don't buy it or use it, it doesn't do anything as said in the update log.

I am coming up with ideas of implementing some kind of an ammo system, so that the coin gun would become a favorable weapon.

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2014, 05:46:51 AM »

Woohoo! The latest version has been released! Though a bit rushed, I tried to refine it as much and smoothen the wrinkles, it should be good enough now.

Wait, is it me or is this my 69th post?

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2014, 09:22:49 AM »

There are some stuff that were incomplete or bugs that exist, this includes:
ammo-using weapons do not give ammo, (not enough time to do such a big thing)
the current level sprite is a heart, (placeholder)
ammo is sparse, (no drops from crates, should have vending machine/forced ammo depots that might spawn when low on ammo)
shopkeeper can be killed when entering doors, (that coding that relies on the current sprite!)
some held item's sprites turn into sticky bombs when using bomb shortcut with sticky paste, (might have to do with my code when trying to add that sprite, stupid sprite-based coding)
changing into shopkeeper makes him glitch out in the current room he is in, (another sprite-based code fail)
coingun doesn't work, (forgot)
pyrite has no use, (couldn't fully implement it)
cobra is spazzy and spawns in the tutorial level, (I don't like making enemies)
the second giant door doesn't work, (it is supposed to be shortcut, to a level that isn't even made)
two of the highscore games in the second highscore room don't work, (one isn't done, the other was a copy of TLS's boss rush)
etc. (etc.)

Want X feature? Ask and I might consider it!

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »

Screenshots for the first time! Enjoy the amazing spectacle of the title screen, the 'second' title screen, and the 'second' highscore room!

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 04:38:51 PM »

I was hoping that you might buff the arrow traps up like how they are in HD, and the boulder traps too. I know YASM already does this but I doubt that Moloch would mind if you did the same for your mod too. In that same spirit I would also LOVE to be able to bind going through the exit to a different key than the up arrow as I am
always(yes, always) exiting a level when I don't mean to..

EDIT: After some quick testing- The parallax effect seems a bit wonky and actually makes me physically nauseous  Lips Sealed

I also think the explosive blocks need some work. It seems like there are some random blocks that will fall when starting the level and I was almost crushed by one. It fell right next to me and actually blocked me in so I couldn't move. This is a cheap death I thought and then I tried to push it and found that I could. That's cool but I accidentally whipped it and it exploded and exploded me too. It wasn't red like a powder keg it just looked like a regular block from the mine. Right now it seems like this mechanic would provide way too many cheap deaths imo, plus it would really suck to get crushed as soon as you spawn in a level. Even Spelunky HD isn't that cruel.

Don't get me wrong I love this mod, just trying to give some productive feedback!  Grin

oh and i haven't played the last version so some of this stuff might have been in previous versions...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:53:54 PM by joey4track » Logged
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 02:33:28 AM »

Lol, the feature list. Grin Tongue
I doubt if any mod has added so many things.

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 02:44:16 AM »

Admittedly, it is more like a change-log.

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »

Admittedly, it is more like a change-log.
I noticed it, but the heading was "CURRENT FEATURES", so I called it the "feature list".

Charlotte
Bean

Duel Disk, activate! Duel Gazer, on!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:06 AM »

the second giant door doesn't work, (it is supposed to be shortcut, to a level that isn't even made)
That explains it.
And the area to the right of the 2nd giant door is empty; is that for other shortcuts?

Oh yeah, a parachute glitch:

This happened all of a sudden.
I didn't even obtain a parachute in the first place. And my jumps were so tiny that they made it impossible for me to escape the crushing Olmec of doom. Undecided
I did, however, press Jump while in mid-air, which was around that boss fight when the glitch occurred.

And may I ask what the diamonds are meant for?

Other than that, it's pretty interesting. ^^

You have to believe in the heart of the cards? Well, if that's the case, then the cards will just have to tear your heart out and stomp on it as though it's chocolate. Oh, and another thing: I can't build any Overlay Network.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 05:42:55 AM »

That explains it.
And the area to the right of the 2nd giant door is empty; is that for other shortcuts?

Oh yeah, a parachute glitch:

This happened all of a sudden.
I didn't even obtain a parachute in the first place. And my jumps were so tiny that they made it impossible for me to escape the crushing Olmec of doom. Undecided
I did, however, press Jump while in mid-air, which was around that boss fight when the glitch occurred.

And may I ask what the diamonds are meant for?

Other than that, it's pretty interesting. ^^

Yes, the empty rooms are for the short us after Olmec.

It seems to be just a graphical glitch. The Damsel already has a para-cape, which I figured you'd know that already. I did modify the existing parachute code to include the parasol.

Which diamonds?
The highscore one is for a more difficult stat to achieve, like the rest.
The one that look like gold diamonds on the main title screen is the pyrite, which is obtained based off of how good you did your runs, they can be used to buy temporary upgrades.
The diamonds you get by clicking are for debugging purposes.

Charlotte
Bean

Duel Disk, activate! Duel Gazer, on!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »

- First off, I can't wait for those rooms to appear! Smiley

- Secondly, no, not just a graphical glitch. Full explanation, since I was in a hurry earlier:

I used the para-cape and then the glitch occurred where the parachute appeared. Since landing she couldn't even jump high enough to reach safety from Olmec. She only jumped one or two (or five) pixels up before falling again, as though gravity suddenly went super-high for her.

And while I only found out about the para-cape today, which I found out by accident (I accidentally attempted a double jump; I don't have HD Spelunky) I don't recall it being in original, vanilla Spelunky... so it must be something new from HD Spelunky. And the umbrella as well.

- I was referring to the main menu Diamonds.

So what areas are after Olmec, if I may be so bold as to ask?

Anyway. That aside, I have now figured out that this mod is my most favorite mod, beating Tastes Like Spelunky, Spelunky Editor+, Spelunkémon (when will it get updated? Probably never now that there are over 719 Pokémon... Sad ), Depths Of Tastes Like Spelunky, Gates of Hell Spelunky, Evil Death Spelunky, and that Morality Spelunky mod.

You deserve a medal, Bloxxin. Smiley

You have to believe in the heart of the cards? Well, if that's the case, then the cards will just have to tear your heart out and stomp on it as though it's chocolate. Oh, and another thing: I can't build any Overlay Network.
SnoruntPyro
Shoot

Class-A Douche

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »

I encountered that glitch when I was programming Vlad's Cape in my mod - there's something missing in the characterStepEvent script, I think -

Say that the paracape variable is global.hasDamselPara.

/******************************************

JUMPING

*******************************************/

if (kJumpReleased and platformCharacterIs(IN_AIR))
{
    kJumped = true;
}
else if (platformCharacterIs(ON_GROUND))
{
    oCape.open = false;
    oDamselPara.open = false;
    kJumped = false;
}
The bold is what you should add to fix this.

wow
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »

And while I only found out about the para-cape today, which I found out by accident (I accidentally attempted a double jump; I don't have HD Spelunky) I don't recall it being in original, vanilla Spelunky... so it must be something new from HD Spelunky. And the umbrella as well.
No, I don't recall any para-cape or umbrella in HD.

Also, you sound like a pro, which you really are now.

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »

Nope, just an Item for the Damsel so that she is more unique, at the cost of all of her bombs and ropes.

- I was referring to the main menu Diamonds.

That is Pyrite, a kindof resources you always keep. It is earned based off of how good you did in each run, specifically how close you got to the Gold Trophy standard of cash, kills, and saves; with getting all Gold Trophies giving 30 Pyrite. (Time is not included.)

So what areas are after Olmec, if I may be so bold as to ask?

That would be the:

Wasteland - I dunno, lots of skeletons and dinosaurs?

Aquifer - I shall make you cry with this underwater level!

Abyss - Like Ice Caves, but harder, somehow. Giant-floaty-magnetic rocks?

Hell - Self-explanatory.

? ? ? ? ? - Like the City of Gold, but better! I'll say one word, carbonado.

You deserve a medal, Bloxxin. Smiley

Thanks! Cheesy

Well to be more specific, the Damsel's parasol is the parachute's code modified so that it is toggable, hence why I called it Para-Cape, parachute-cape. So there is no need with the opening/closing code of a cape, but just the simple code of a parachute.

Linking to Charlotte's problem, it must have been permanently activated or something, so when you jumped, it automatically made you stop and go down again. That is what I think.

Also, you sound like a pro, which you really are now.

Who?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: