Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky - The Lost Update  (Read 58852 times)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 09:31:03 PM »

Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something. I also noticed that (even with no upgrades) whipped enemies would sometimes vanish rather than dying normally (no blood etc). At first I thought they were completely gone, but then I discovered I could kill them by whipping the same place again. I assume this is come complication from the "suplex" code. Needless to say it's kinda weird.

On the coingun... what if used up your gold but you could collect it again? This would still be a drawback since you'd still have to chase the coins down, but not so bad that it need to be super awesome or you'd never use it at all.
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »

I always thought of it like the star cannon from Terraria. It should use excess gold to rain down pain upon your enemies..

Anyway, I know nothing of programming but is it possible to integrate this game with Spelunky Explorer? Weird but the only way I really have fun playing Spelunky Classic these days is playing Explorer even tho this mod adds so much to the mix. Would it really be difficult to merge these two mods??
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »

Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something. I also noticed that (even with no upgrades) whipped enemies would sometimes vanish rather than dying normally (no blood etc). At first I thought they were completely gone, but then I discovered I could kill them by whipping the same place again. I assume this is come complication from the "suplex" code. Needless to say it's kinda weird.

On the coingun... what if used up your gold but you could collect it again? This would still be a drawback since you'd still have to chase the coins down, but not so bad that it need to be super awesome or you'd never use it at all.

Oops, I left the code that should automatically grant the Suplex Whip Upgrade, sorry 'bout that. What it does is it 'grabs' an enemy, and then on your next whip, you use the enemy as a projectile, it can be aimed upwards too!

Hmm, the coingun could be a cheap alternative to the pistol, fast fire-rate, but costs cash to use, of which cash the collided with enemies disappears, otherwise it is collectible. Sounds good to me! (better than a gold bomb that explodes into alot of coins.)

bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »

I always thought of it like the star cannon from Terraria. It should use excess gold to rain down pain upon your enemies..

Anyway, I know nothing of programming but is it possible to integrate this game with Spelunky Explorer? Weird but the only way I really have fun playing Spelunky Classic these days is playing Explorer even tho this mod adds so much to the mix. Would it really be difficult to merge these two mods??

I don't think it should be, as long as you add this mod to Explorer, rather than the other way around. Or maybe add features similar to Explorer, which I had thoughts about.

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:44 AM »

Go for it! I don't really have any programming experience(except I learned basic when I was a kid) nor do I own Gamemaker. I love Explorer and it's pretty much the only way I play classic anymore haha.
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 10:15:41 PM »

ANOTHER NEW UPDATE!

Have fun with the anti-vampire stake launcher, the crown grave, powder boxes, and fixing 'dat shoppy!

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »

I just got blown up by an invisible powder box embedded in the right edge of the map. That probably shouldn't happen.  Tongue
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »

I just got blown up by an invisible powder box embedded in the right edge of the map. That probably shouldn't happen.  Tongue

That had happened once to me to, running into those small high crevices.

But are you sure it was the very edge? (unbreakable blocks) The powder boxes do not replace the unbreakable blocks. (Before the spawn rate was balanced and prevention of it form the title screen, it was a lot like that Spelunky de bombs of boom)

Or is it that Spelunky generate breakable blocks into the unbreakable ones too? When  was adding the crown grave, I figured out that graves actually spawn on the very top of the map off screen.

Anyways, what do you think of the powder boxes? Looks good? Acts good? Spawns enoughly good?

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »

Yes, it was on the very edge. And I believe the edges do contain breakable blocks as well as unbreakable. Not sure exactly why.

They look good. I was doubtful about doing a skull and crossbones at that size, but you captured it pretty well. Spawn rate seems about right too. On the behavior, I'm not sure. They don't act very much like in HD. So if that was your goal, it needs work. The biggest difference is this are immobile whereas in HD you could push them around.

But putting aside expectations based on that version, I don't see anything wrong with how they work. They feel more like a trap than a hazard now, if you know what I mean. They seem to go off if you even brush up against them, but they're less likely to go off otherwise.

edit: missing words.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:35:48 PM by Urza » Logged
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »

Yes, it was on the very edge. And I believe the edges do contain breakable blocks as well as unbreakable. Not sure exactly why.

They look good. I was doubtful about doing a skull and crossbones at that size, but you captured it pretty well. Spawn rate seems about right too. On the behavior, I'm not sure. They don't act very much like in HD. So if that was your goal, it needs work. The biggest difference is this are immobile whereas in HD you could push them around.

But putting aside expectations based on that version see anything wrong with how they work. They feel more like a trap than a hazard now, if you know what I mean. They seem to go off if you even brush up against them, but they're less likely to go off otherwise.

Well fixing the edge thing should be easy to do so.

I hadn't actually bothered with messing with them to figure out its mechanics, hence it cannot be pushed and it just explodes when touched by the player.

Thanks for your response!

SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 04:16:25 PM »

Suggestion: The Hitman. Occasionally like the Tunnel Man the Hitman will show up. He will ask you if you want some enemies to be killed in the next level. If you say yes and pay him, he will go into the level, kill 1 enemy of your choice, so when YOU go into that level you won't have to deal with that one enemy. There is a chance he will die trying if you make him try and kill anything major such as Giant Spiders and other mini bosses.. You then can find his body in the level (if he dies)
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 08:17:07 PM »

Suggestion: The Hitman. Occasionally like the Tunnel Man the Hitman will show up. He will ask you if you want some enemies to be killed in the next level. If you say yes and pay him, he will go into the level, kill 1 enemy of your choice, so when YOU go into that level you won't have to deal with that one enemy. There is a chance he will die trying if you make him try and kill anything major such as Giant Spiders and other mini bosses.. You then can find his body in the level (if he dies)

I was thinking of a sort of weapon that would be able to kill shopkeepers without them raging, allowing easy thieving, but he would become angry if you held such a weapon in his shop. (Looks like there has to be a interesting way to get it otherwise if they won't sell such a a thing.)

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:09 AM »

I was thinking of a sort of weapon that would be able to kill shopkeepers without them raging, allowing easy thieving, but he would become angry if you held such a weapon in his shop. (Looks like there has to be a interesting way to get it otherwise if they won't sell such a a thing.)
And that's the ASSASSIN! Go home Hitman.

halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 05:10:23 AM »

I'd put in a dart gun that stuns humanoids for that. It could give Shoppy a stun time long enough to loot without him noticing.

But dang, would that be broken in the Black Market. And it definitely shouldn't be sold in any stores.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 02:33:47 PM »

A new update again! This time with more powerful features! (in comparement with other things)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: