SPELUNKY - THE LOST UPDATE
Hello people of this forum! This here is a little mod that has expanded a bit more from just random placement of new items, to making this into a worthy mod. EDIT:
And from a worthy mod into something so amazing (to my best ability) that would redefine Spelunky. (or just make it popular again?) It is so grievous to see how Spelunky has become decimated like this.
The main point of Spelunky - The Lost Update, is adding a whole slew of items and features; of stuff from Spelunky HD, unimplemented items, and others just to add a little spice. (or cinnamon instead)Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v2zopcmo5yb8rob/Spelunky+-+The+Lost+Update.zip
CURRENT FEATURES1. Plasma Cannon - A powerful, slow, and expensive weapon to wield! This is highly likely to cause plenty of YASDs. You can bet that the alien boss will drop this and the jetpack. (which is still in the wall)
2. Boomstick - Nothing more but an alternative shotgun. Shots twice as fast, but half as many bullets.
3. Minigun - Reassembling the Mega Shark form Terraria, it shoots fast, VERY fast.
4. Stake Launcher - A more expensive alternative to the bow, it shoots stakes, without even loading! It can obtain ammo from both arrows and stakes. It still need tweaking, including vampires!
5. Coingun - Another sprite from Terraria, this is an expensive item, but worth if over the long run! Don't expect it in weapon shops for easy thieving!
6. Flaregun - The thing anyone would've, and should've had in dark levels! No need for ammo, it shoots flares, making it a rather good weapon and arrow trap disabler! It can spawn instead of flare crates in dark levels.
7. Flamethrower - Ooh! Very bright indeed! It shots flame, which only deals 1 damage each, to prevent instant YASDs when you shoot at a wall and then run into it. (flames don't disappear when hitting walls)
8. Shooting Upwards - Not an item, but a feature! Before only rocks, pots, and skulls, could be aimed upwards, (plus other stuff) now you can shoot upwards! Bows and stake launchers cannot do this yet.
9. Buyable Jordans and Basketball - Name says all.
10. Royal Jelly - Heal yourself 4 health! Only sold at shops for 16,000, because making the queen bee was troublesome. (incorrect collision boxes)
11. Death Mask - Finally! A use for the death mask! The original idea for the function comes from halibabica, so credit goes to him. Just pick up an enemy, and press F to sacrifice it for a bomb or rope!
12. Basketball and Hoops - These are just arbitrarily placed in the shortcut room, don't ask.
13. Bow and Stake Launcher Stuff - They can now be shot upwards! The stake sprite is more conventional! Holding Stake Launchers now correctly display the weapon in the HUD! But still need to do the vampire thing!
14. Rearrangement of shops! - Shops now sell anything that should be sold! Webcannon removed from the weapon shop!
15. Crysknife - The legendary worm-tooth knife! This is just a separate weapon that deals 6 damage, it can stun the shopkeeper!
16. Rope Box - 'Nuff said.
17. Rapid Fire - Press control to be able to constantly use weapons. Good for the minigun!
18. Flamethrower Change - Flames can now light up the level, incinerate trees and vines, and melt ice!
19. Longer Rope Upgrade - Reach higher and lower than ever before with more rope!
20. Bigger Bombs Upgrade - These heavier explosives are sure to blow massive holes in anything! Great for the Olmec level!
21. Sprite fixes for royal jelly and the rope box.
22. Suplex Whip Upgrade - Capture weak enemies (not all yet) and then launch them as a projectile!
23. Stun Whip Upgrade - Be able to stun shopkeepers and yetis with this!
24. Barbed Whip Upgrade - Deal 1 more damage than ever before with your whip!
25. Longer Whip Upgrade - Have a whip that is twice as long as usual! No more pot YASDs!
26. Upgrade Shop - There now is a shopkeeper that can sell you upgrades!
27. Sacrifice Fix - Fixed a bug that cause enemies to not be sacrificed at altars.
28. Crysknife Change - Crysknife now deal so much damage as to instantly kill any enemy!
29. Whipping Upwards - Now you can whip upwards at an angle! This is better with the longer whip upgrade.
30. Royal Jelly costs more!
31. Enemies now will show an exclamation mark when they are gonna exit stunned mode!
32. Trees drop stakes when holding a stake launcher.
33. Fixed where shopkeeper thinks he owns the udjat eye.
34. Crown Grave - I have (partially) the crown grave from Spelunky HD! It consists of a grave with a crown marking on it, a sotne tomb below it, with a skull with a crown, and further below is a doorway, which currently only goes to the black market...
35. Stakes and Vampires - Stakes now (almost) insta-kill vampires!
36. Shoppy Fix - Fixed where the shopkeeper thinks he owns the flaregun, doesn't properly sell item, and have the upgrade shop to be able to appear in all levels.
37. HUD Mod - The HUD now shows if you have long rope or normal rope, and shows if you have super bombs, both for normal and sticky bombs.
38. Sticky bombs now look like sticky bombs! Except super bombs still look like the normal counter-part. (I took a long time figuring out what was wrong with different sprites, stupid code)
39. Powder Box - The volatile powder box is back! It sure shall pack a punch!
40. fixed the glitched graves!
41. Sniper Pistol - A weapon of amazing potential! It can one-shot most enemies, and especially can kill shopkeepers without them becoming angry! It cannot be bought anywhere, and currently is obtained with the keypad.
42. Shield - The highly glitchy shield from HD! Crush shopkeepers like never before!
43. Powder Box Changes - They can be pushed, and only blow up with contact with certain items, no longer blows up when you walk into it.
44. Cobra - A new enemy from HD! It spits venom kinda oddly!
45. Open Crates Sprite - Crates show an unused open crate! It is made to not be an actual item so it doesn't bother you when opening it.
46. Jetpack Fuel Marker - The Jetpack now shows how much fuel you got left! The credit goes to Urza for the idea I found in his mod.
47. Toggleable things - Super Bombs, Sticky Bombs, Jordans, and Parachutes can be toggled with 1,2,3,4 keys.
48. Gem Ores Sprites - This was left incomplete due to a couple things, but it would show a different gem sprite then the actual gem in the ground. This as said again, is incomplete.
49. Big Bombs Upgrades Sprite Change - They now look pink.
50. Presents - Crates in the ice caves look like colored presents.
51. Spikes in the jungle look wooden.
52. Flamethrower Sprite - It finally has a sprite!
53. Over-revamped title screen!
54. More high-scores to beat!
55. New Shopkeeper character!
56. Added basketball minigame into the second high-score room!
57. Something like Cookie-Clicker's Heavenly Chips, called Pyrite! The better you do in a run, the more you earn it! IT can be used to buy temporary upgrades to aid you in your quest! (shop hasn't been fully implemented)
58. Vlad's Cape - I'm not sure it if spawns in shops at all, but it can be accessed by pressing the 5 numpad.
59. Jordans no longer give fall-damage! Fall-stun still happens.
60. Ammo system! The coingun is still deprecated...
61. Ammo shops!
62. Pitcher's mitt throws items straight, still bit glitched and humanoids aren't affected.
63. Bomb shortcut change! Now thrown straight if you have the mitt, and when crouching it is thrown a bit further like in HD.
64. Credits room added!
65. Arrow/Stake flight path is now straight! Much easier to use now!
67. Weapons now give ammo when picked up!
68. Toned down parallax! (I think)
69. Working on Cave Inn!
70. Which will have use for pyrite, and daily missions/custom seeds!
71. Press space to enter doors now!
72. Can be changed with the new configuration executable!
Pyrite shop is partially functional!74.
Daily run is partially functional!75.
Editor is complete! -ish76.
Added stuff to Moloch's Editor+ Fan Update, such as jump distance indicator, more tips, etc.77.
Updated the magic signs to latest version!78.
All crate stuff are complete!79.
Flamethrower now has more fuel!80.
Fixed throwing items with mitt! Dice are still broken and so are bombs.81.
Flamethrower has proper sprite in hold item box.82.
Shops sell boomerangs and cameras!83.
Other stuff I forgot!84.
Forgot to update the credit room, dang.85.
Expanded small fonts to have all characters, will do large font later.85.
FEATURES YET TO BE ADDED
1. Be able to use your whip upwards like the other weapons. (this includes bows) 2. Death Mask, sprites exist, but the item doesn't! I'm not sure what it should do; but I may borrow the idea from TLS, as long as I have permission. Permission granted! 3. Royal Jelly, another item from the HD version, just grants 4 health. 4. Shield, ditto as above, this will be treated as oSolid from the code or something, so you can squash the shopkeeper! 5. Camera, ditto, seems like a good thing to add for stunning!
6. Freeze Ray, ditto, another interesting weapon to implement, maybe difficult to do so.
7. Crysknife, ditto, this will be just a stronger machete, instead of a whip upgrade. 8. Boomerang, ditto, another interesting thing to implement, as such, possibly may cause difficulties. 9. Large Rope Pile, maybe I may add, but with another name, since there are bomb boxes. 10. Whip Upgrades, I saw a mod do this, but I'll need permissions first before this even begins to be added.
11. Pacifist Mode, this is a great idea, seeing currently that having a camera makes more sense to add such a feature, but this requires permissions.
12. Whip Suplexes, probably a whip upgrade, to be able to suplex only weak monsters and use them as projectiles! This is very likely to be troublesome.
13. Damsel gives 2 health when not harmed, another permissions thing.
14. Mystery Box, who knows what is inside this?
15. Eggs, a sprite exists, without function nor and actual object!
16. Mushrooms, a sprite only exist for these, what function could they serve?
17. Make Crysknife more over-powered, because it is currently too weak in comparement to the actual thing, it's cost, and the fact it is a melee weapon. 18. Bigger bombs upgrade! 19. Longer rope upgrade!
20. Add the queen bee and fix any quirks.
21. Fix a glitch with the sacrificial altar, because somehow the death mask glitch it up. 22. Increase cost of royal jelly, it costs much less than a damsel kiss.
23. Make it that using the coingun enrages shopkeepers, it otherwise allows infinite easy cash from Rare shops.
24. Make a new shop type called upgrades. I am most likely to do this once the whip upgrade's permissions are granted by Darc_Wolf. 25. Powder Boxes - Random explosives that just explode.
26. Mines - These will be located in the Ice Caves, acting like HD.
27. HD levels - Stuff potentially like Hell and the Worm.
28. Make the Jordans cause no fall-damage! Because Jordans significantly increase the falling death YASD rate alot, leaving you with relying alot on parachutes and having to use capes more.
29. Modify coingun so that it uses your gold supply, and is an actual weapon.
30. Fix where shopkeepers thing they own flareguns spawned for the dark levels. 31. Fix it so that upgrade shops appear in all levels rather than only the mines. 32. Add to the HUD what upgrades you have. 33. The spike shoes should add traction on ice! 34. Fix the broken graves. 35. Make powder boxes pushable, and not explode when contact with player and items. (except certain one like rocks, pots and arrows.)
36. Continuation Beyond Olmec's Level! - This would include getting 'dat Necronomicon from the City of Gold to get to the hidden door below Olmec, but not to hell! IT shall take you through another grueling 16 levels through the wasteland, aquifer, abyss, and then hell! There will yet another series of items you need to get that will take you to the City of Diamond! It would first start with getting the Rosetta Stone found stuck near you in the walls, to translate the Cartouche to be granted special protection against locusts in the next level to get the Pectoral, to open a sort of door in the next level to get a Hyper Bomb, to blow open the door to Vlad's Tower in the next level, to get Vlad's Amulet to get to a hidden door behind King Yama's burning throne, to the City of Diamond!
37. Modify current characters and add a new character so that it is balanced:
Spunker: 4 HP, 4 bombs, 4 rope, whip (whip is upgradeable)
Damsel: 6 HP, 0 bombs, 0 rope, parasol (allow gliding like cape)
Tunnel Man: 4 HP, 0 bombs, 0 rope, mattock (unbreakable mattock)
Shopkeeper: 4 HP, 0 bombs, 0 rope, shotgun (a shotgun, what do you think?)
38. Soon to have more ideas that Spelunk IMHO should have had.
Want to test out the upgrades now? Just use a keypad to spawn the various upgrades!
Want to test out the currently failed queen bee? Click with the left button!
Also just for whatever purpose, I have made the ghost not appear, I'll remove that later once the testing is done.
As with ideas that were created by other from this forum, I hope that they may allow me permissions, with a special credits page for them added to the title menu!
As I am a man of honor, I don't just blatantly steal ideas, I ask for permissions; but then, I have a very good reason for such a thing.
Also for whatever reason, I'm making a list of member names that I have yet to obtain permissions form and obtained permissions from. Don't ask.
Darc_Wolf - Whip upgrade really do compliment the suplex whip upgrade and bomb/rope upgrades. But he hasn't been on this forum for a year now...
Moloch - The presents sprite and the giant title door sprite permissions granted!
Arucard - The sprite for the new shopkeeper character!
halibabica - The death mask already exists in-game as a sprite, I only took the idea of it's function.
Urza - Urza just decided to offer his ideas/code.
The coingun is broken, it doesn't do anything. D: (I left the code unfinished)
Cobras spazz out when they spawn, the tutorial snake can become a cobra.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:47:48 PM by bloxxin »