Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something strange is afoot...  (Read 541 times)
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »

There's some weird happenings going on here. Users with posts, but without posts! Large numbers of guests. Blue people hanging out all day. New blue people, as well.

And I say: What's going on?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:05:57 PM by hyperme » Logged
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:50:52 AM »

Three mysterious blue people at once!

Is the forum haunted?
Nidkrig
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:00:12 PM »

I noticed the same thing regarding post counts on unknown users, which I find pretty interesting. The weird thing is that they can't just be deleted posts; I made one myself to test that out. My post count went back down after I deleted it. So the posts can't have simply been removed by the users.

The member list showed some recently created accounts for indie devs, with custom ranks and post counts but no posts. They were named for people working alongside Derek on UFO50. I think they used the forums to communicate, which seems like a strange method considering the convenience of email and Discord. Maybe emails going through the mossmouth.com domain are connected to the forums somehow.

... You know, the size of this post really says something about how empty my week has been.

As for the large number of guests, we've always had those. I think it's half search engines indexing the site, half defunct spambots from around 2015. Those were fun. Livened the place up.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:01:41 PM by Nidkrig » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: