Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Robbing the market with sticky bombs  (Read 251 times)
Norton Canes
Seedling

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »

OK so usually getting the bomb paste is a no-brainer because sticky bombs are superior to regular bombs in almost every respect.

Except...

My usual modus operandi for robbing the market is to go to the top right platform and rain bombs down on the Ankh seller. I have to move down a little for the off-screen thing to kick in but generally I find it's the safest and most effective strategy as it keeps me out of harm's way (I'll also throw a bomb into the top-right shop to get the Shopkeeper to either disappear to the left, or drop down to the Ankh platform).

Trouble is that sticky bombs generally don't drop down without getting stuck to the walls, which makes the strategy all but impossible to implement.

So what's the best way to go about robbing the market with sticky bombs?
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »

There's usually a ledge somewhere above the ankh shop that you can stand on. If you stand at the edge of it so the spelunker starts to flail, you can arm a bomb before it's dropped. That should be a good angle for bombing.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Norton Canes
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »

Hey, it's halibabica! Cool! Been reading your Spelunky comic, it's fantastic, love it.

Ta for the tip, I'll give it a try.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »

Cool! Always nice to hear from a fan.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who still comes around here regularly. Well, except for hyperme who drops by for the comic now and then. I feel like the sheriff of a ghost town sometimes...

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: