Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to rob a shop with only bombs and ropes?  (Read 1005 times)
batbro231
Shoot

Someone should email me free steam keys.

View Profile Email
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »

And maybe a rock/arrow?  Huh?

And yes, makeout markets, [my own name for them] count as shops.

Oh, and I already know the arrow curbstomp method, PM me if you want to know it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:37:04 PM by batbro231 » Logged

So... Here's my Steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198218146955/

You're reading this, congratulations.

That's all.

Stop reading this.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 06:02:20 AM »

Generally, it's preferable NOT to kill the shopkeeper and get away with his stuff so you only have to escape from them once (instead of meeting one at the exit for the rest of the game). The easiest way has always been to find a pot or skull to throw at him. Those items play by their own rules and can stun him for much longer than anything else. They give you plenty of time to take whatever you want.

As for the Black Market, the safest way I've found is a little circumstantial. You need to look for a man trap in the market stage, stun it, and bring it to the middle shop. Place it in the center and lure the shopkeeper close enough that the man trap eats him. Take the shotgun and go to the shop above, focusing the screen down so you can still see. When the shopkeeper escapes the man trap, nearly all the items in the area will become free of charge.

Otherwise, you'll need a shotgun and a lot of luck.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
batbro231
Shoot

Someone should email me free steam keys.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »

Thanks, and when I killed the Shopkeeper before you replied and after I posted, I payed the prices. Dearly.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:35:06 PM by batbro231 » Logged

So... Here's my Steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198218146955/

You're reading this, congratulations.

That's all.

Stop reading this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: