Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Mafia Mod (YASM Addon) First Release  (Read 1380 times)
Malistaticy
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: March 09, 2016, 11:51:13 PM »

Hello, I started working on this sometime in 2015, and now that forum registration is fixed I was able to make this account to post what I have so far.

The idea is that you obtain a loan from the mafia (don't ask me which one) based on the early 20th century America cliches.

It's original purpose was to change up the shoplifting mechanics by adding more strategy to the mix, but one thing led to another and now it involves mafia debt.

This isn't nearly as big or as cool as full overhauls that mod-makers far more talented than me have made, but I hope that you'll find it a unique experience.

It is currently rather buggy, partly due to me being a little rusty with gml, partly due to straight up incomplete code, etc.

Features:

• Mafia support!

The mafia has offered to supply you with some gear putting you in debt,
you can toggle which package on the start screen by pressing D. Then press D again at any time during the first level.

• New weapons!

A tranq pistol, six-shooter revolver, and more to come.

• Hiding bodies!

Hide a body by taking a bodybag and touching it to a dead shopkeeper or damsel. This will prevent you gaining criminal status. (however there is no point to hiding a damsel... yet.)

• YASM support!

This addon is an addon of the Yet Another Spelunky Mod by Moloch, which means you get all the features of that mod too!
To come:

• Supressors!
These are technically already available in shops and in crates, but they don't work properly. Think of it like a teaser.

• Medpacks and Kevlar!
With YASM's inventory system, you are able to carry support items with you without wasting your usual one hold slot.

• The Tommy Gun!
When you think "Americana Mafia Weaponry" what do you think of? Thats right, drive-by shootings with the Thompson submachine gun. While you will soon have access to the gun, I am afraid I can make no promises for the "drive-by shooting" part.

• Story!(?)
I plan to add some actual substance to Spelunky Guy's efforts. Maybe a new boss or somethin', I 'unno

• Config options!
You are currently stuck with the D key being the toggler, so I hope you werent using that. \_(ツ)_/

• New Enemies and traps!
  • Artwork changes!
  • And more stuff I forgot to list!
[/list]

Prerequisites:
A copy of Spelunky with the original YASM installed
http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=1247.0

Download

Bonus: Here's a concept image I made a while back.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:57:44 PM by Malistaticy » Logged
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:35:10 AM »

Sounds fun! I'll have to give it a try sometime. I'm curious where you'll take the mafia theme.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:19 AM »

Smiley
Starting the game in debt! Nice idea!

The tranq pistol is great. I could see it being very handy for getting a lot of live sacrifices to Kali!

Adding a zipper sound effect when putting someone in a body bag and something when reloading the revolver would be neat.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: