Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor tile color mod & Mosaic tile mod  (Read 1668 times)
worst
Shoot

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »

This mod changes most tiles of the game by adjusting the hue and/or saturation of them. The changes are mostly subtle, without making anything look too much different from the original.

While there isn't anything wrong with the original graphics, it can get a little repetive to look at the exact same graphics all the time, so I made this mod to change the look a little bit. This was fast to make, since I didnt actually make any new textures.

Screenshots with comparison: [1][2][3][4]

Download: [1] or [2]

How to install (short version):
1. Replace alltex.wad/ALLTILES/alltiles.png

How to install (long version):
1. Download and extract the spelunktool modding tool to a new folder
2. Make a backup of alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix, which are found inside the data/textures directory of spelunky HD.
3. Copy alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix to the place spelunktool was extracted to.
4. Drag and drop alltex.wad on top of extract.bat; A new folder named alltex will be created.
5. Replace the alltiles.png found in the alltex/ALLTILES/ folder with the alltiles.png provided by this mod.
6. Drag and drop the alltex folder on top of repack.bat; The alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix files in the spelunktool directory will be replaced with new ones.
7. Copy the alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix files from the spelunktool directory to your spelunky data/textures directory, replacing the original alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix files (Make sure you have backed them up first!)
8. Launch spelunky and hope that it works!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:27:41 AM by worst » Logged
worst
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:26:39 AM »

Here's another one, Mosaic tile mod:
-----

This mod changes the mine and jungle ground tiles to a mix of differently colored 'mosaic' pieces. So they kinda look like random Tetris blocks.

Since this was just a silly idea I got, I only changed the tiles for the mines and the jungle.

Screenshots: [1][2]

Download:[1] or [2]

How to install (short version):
1. Replace alltex.wad/ALLTILES/alltiles.png

How to install (long version):
1. Download and extract the spelunktool modding tool to a new folder
2. Make a backup of alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix, which are found inside the data/textures directory of spelunky HD.
3. Copy alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix to the place spelunktool was extracted to.
4. Drag and drop alltex.wad on top of extract.bat; A new folder named alltex will be created.
5. Replace the alltiles.png found in the alltex/ALLTILES/ folder with the alltiles.png provided by this mod.
6. Drag and drop the alltex folder on top of repack.bat; The alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix files in the spelunktool directory will be replaced with new ones.
7. Copy the alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix files from the spelunktool directory to your spelunky data/textures directory, replacing the original alltex.wad and alltex.wad.wix files (Make sure you have backed them up first!)
8. Launch spelunky and hope that it works!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: