Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why doesn't Anubis trigger spike (tiki) traps?  (Read 1767 times)
SamuraiCupcake
Seedling

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:31:41 AM »

I was genuinly surprised to find out that Anubis, the god-like floating enemy that shoots pink hula hoops of death, will not trigger the spike tiki traps when he touches them...

It was very problematic at the time since he was blocking the only way out of the room and I had no way to fight him, esp. with him spamming his hoops and leaving me zero opportunity to whip him. I also didn't have enough bombs to get out, and it was right near the entrance so ropes were of no help either. I was boned.

If its as intended, so as to prevent players from cheesing him, could we at least leave a big opening between his attacks? It is nigh impossible to beat him with the whip or knife. If after say, every 4 or 5 shots he took a breather just long enough for
1- All the pink hula hoops to fade
2- A moment to get close and hit him once

Its my understanding that though randmness is inevitable, there should always be a way out, right? I mean, unless you intentionally fell into a hole without any bombs or ropes and therefore got stuck, that's an exception.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:36:02 AM by SamuraiCupcake » Logged
aloe
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:41:51 AM »

Anubis does trigger tiki traps. It's one of the primary ways of killing him if you're going for hell low% (completing hell using nothing other than starting items); other (slower) methods include throwing rocks or bodies at him, or even making use of a cobra's spit if you're lucky enough to have the right setup.

These forums are completely dead, btw. If you want to discuss Spelunky, come to the subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/spelunky/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: