Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to clear my Leaderboards result?  (Read 4719 times)
Pwrovrwlmng
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: June 20, 2015, 07:02:35 AM »

I am sharing my Steam account with my younger brother, and he is 11.

Last year(I think) he must have been playing a couple of games, since I had no time to play on Steam(had a Diploma work and started working, so had no time for games) - only bought games. Now when I started playing Spelunky(and one other game), I see leaderboards results which scare me... I don't know whether he cheated or not to get them, but I'd like them to be cleaned.

I'd like to know if there is a way to clean those Leaderboards(My result) - I see that they are not local, so it must be done via Developers, cuz Steam Support told me that have no control over game Leaderboards and addressed me to speak with Game Dev's.

To all those who like to troll - yes, I have a younger brother, and no, he doesn't have his own account - mainly because he is still young, and has no money to buy games(Parents control him well enough, so he wouldn't spend his lunch money on something other than food) and we share the same PC(we have 1 PC for both of us). I understand the risks of this kind of sharing, but so far this is the first(and I hope it will be the last) problem I have encountered.
TunnelMan'sAfro
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »

There is no way to clear the leaderboard results that I know of. Even so, he probably learned how to ghost gems to get those scores which is perfectly legit.   Smiley

Pwrovrwlmng
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 08:52:03 AM »

This is not helping Sad I am not into cheating - My highest personal score on Xbox is 654k - and that's because *stars were in the right order*.

My friends laugh at me, cuz I have a cheated score - and it would be 1 thing if I cheated and would be proud, but it was not me, and I am not proud.

I have contacted Steam Support, and asked them about this - their response was that either Derek or second developer can help me reset leaderboards - guess I was not the only one with this problem.

But both of them ignore me - and I understand them - they are busy people. But it's not impossible and it is not hard to delete leaderboard score from the table - 1 query and it is done.

And I know for sure, that there is some DB with results, which can be edited.

If I could, I would have created myself a new account with Spelunky and a couple more games - but my account is worth 500$ now, so I can't just leave it.
TunnelMan'sAfro
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 10:26:21 PM »

Your personal high score can not be seen online other than the daily challenge which resets daily. I suspect that your brother was messing with Frozlunky which prevents scores from working online so you should be fine.

Pwrovrwlmng
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 11:47:37 AM »

Results are seen in the global Leaderboard and both my friends and strangers can see it. I just want to have fair and square results.

I spent 280 hours in game, and I am not trying to imply anything, but maybe, just maybe, I deserve a second chance.

I know that Derek can fix this in a matter of 1 query (few seconds of his precious time), but so far my attempts of asking him for this favor didn't end well - no response on Twitter, complete ignore here.

I know that I am noone in his eyes, but I am a fan of this game, and I really sorry that such sh** happened to my results - lesson learned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: