Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to find black market  (Read 8094 times)
will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2014, 01:03:37 AM »

I've read that you find the black market by following the eyes of the udjat eye, and that it blinks when you get close, but I've gone through the forest several times with the udjat eye, and I've never seen the eye move or blink. Is it really subtle and only happens when I'm not looking or what?
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 06:38:42 AM »

The eye makes a distinct sound when it blinks.  If you're playing with the sound off, finding the market is needlessly difficult.  The only jungle stage it can't appear on is the fourth, because the market itself counts as a floor.  The door is always underground, too, so you need a way to dig it out.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »

ugh. I hate playing with sound...
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 02:37:22 PM »

Do the sound effects bother you that much?

will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:46:09 PM »

When I'm listening to music (not spelunky music) and the sound effects come from the same speakers as the music, it bothers me. But it's not too bad.
I've gotten the Ankh several times now, but still haven't reached the city of gold. I usually die before getting to the level with the Maoi, so the ankh gets wasted (but in one case, I went on to get my second ever win). One time I had the ankh and died on the level with the maoi, but I forgot that you had to be close to the maoi to spawn inside it. I was thinking you just had to be on the right level. Twice, I got the hedjet and died on the first temple level.

PS: I really hate the ghost. Sometimes it makes it impossible to search the level for the key or the locked chest, or the door to the black market...
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »

I was able to fix the Moai death issue in my mod, but I don't know if they ever did it for Spelunky 1.2.  I can relate to dying before reaching it.  It seems like every time I get the Ankh, the Moai doesn't appear until the final ice level, and I always have some ridiculous accident before then. :s

will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 12:27:32 AM »

Aaarrrgghh. Just now I got to the level with the golden door and I had the hedjet, but I hadn't even seen a mummy so far to get a sceptre from.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 01:49:21 AM »

The mummy with the scepter is always in the first level of the temple. So if you're aiming for the City of Gold make sure you explore that level until you find him. It sucks when he's someplace really out of the way (sealed chambers and the like).
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 03:44:31 AM »

In older versions of Spelunky, there's also a chance he'll fail to spawn at all in the first temple.  That's another thing I fixed in TLS that I have no clue if it was corrected in 1.2. Lips Sealed

will2asher
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »

The mummy with the scepter is always in the first level of the temple. So if you're aiming for the City of Gold make sure you explore that level until you find him. It sucks when he's someplace really out of the way (sealed chambers and the like).
Good to know, thx. I thought you could get the sceptre from any mummy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: