Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bank  (Read 11575 times)
GnusieShaboozie
Bulb

View Profile Email
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:52:23 PM »

I'm sure this isn't very original, but I liked the idea, and may expand upon it more if I feel it deserves it.

Just break into the bank, steal what you think is necessary, and get out! There are at least two ways to complete this level. One involves violence and firearms, the other involves stealth and avoidance. It is up to you to decide how you want to go about it!

http://spelunkylevels.tyr-net.net/?do=showlevel:142

Spelunky DamselSpelunky Dude                                                                        Spelunky ShopkeeperSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky Wall
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »

I liked this alot. The stealth way looks really hard. I never managed to pull that off. Initially I couldn't figure out how to do it the other way either. I'm not sure if you this is consider a spoiler but [the two keys look like one], so I thought that was just another red herring like the doors with gold behind them. That made my first several attempts a rather frustrating. But other than that I enjoyed this level alot. The unarmed shoppies make surprising good guards, very tough to kill unarmed, but not unmanageable if all you're trying to do is dodge past a few of them. In fact, I might have to borrow that idea for something I'm working on. Cheesy
GnusieShaboozie
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »

Yeah, as far as the "spoiler" went, I was hoping it would just be something that would get figured out after a few plays. I think that worked out pretty well. I actually find the stealth way easier. This is how I do it:
"Grab the key on the ground floor, then dodge shopkeeps all the way up to the safe containing a bomb. Do your best not to anger unnecessary shopkeepers. Dodge the shopkeeps in the floor with the keys in the wall, and plant a bomb there. Grab one of those keys, and use it to open the safe with the ropes, then grab the other key, and rope up the side and over." The other way to do it, is to: " Open the safe containing the pistol, kill all the shopkeepers, and face off with the top shopkeeper. I would suggest killing the top shopkeeper first, because he is the toughest, and it sucks to end up spending all that time killing the other shopkeepers, only to get killed by the top guy in half a second. The other way, is just to dodge shopkeeps, then jump on the top guys head, which is my favorite way to do it, even though it rarely works"

Spelunky DamselSpelunky Dude                                                                        Spelunky ShopkeeperSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky WallSpelunky Wall
bloxxin
Mossbaby

Long time no see...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:54:22 AM »

You sir, deserve a gold idol!

That double key got me, despite being so tempting in the beginning. I somehow forgot that the rope was a rope pile instead of a single rope. I had gotten to the end, killed all the shopkeepers, but I was stuck. I do wanna try out that sneaky method though!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: