Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Companion Cube Challenge  (Read 14790 times)
Nimbostratus
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: November 28, 2013, 07:04:44 AM »

Hello! I'm a Spelunky player who has been seeking a way to make the game more interesting and challenging. Here's what I came up with: The Companion Cube Challenge! In this challenge, you must pick up the first rock you see and carry it through the game. If the rock is lost in some way that makes it impossible to recover (bottomless pit, for example) then you must commit suicide.

(My apologies if this has been done before)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »

Actually this type of challenge has been done before, and infact is a an objective to unlock the Temple shortcut in the HD version. But there's no harm in trying that again.

And Companion Cube, huh?

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »

The thing with the key isn't quite the same, you only have to carry that from the middle of the first zone to the end of the third. Anyway this sounds like a fun thing to try. It's too bad there isn't some way to mark the rock so you don't get it mixed up with others though.
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

I recall some hardcore people attempting this with the first skull they find on the ground. That one's extra challenging since even setting it down wrong could break it.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »

I think eguee did that with a pot
Nimbostratus
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »

Alright, so it has been done before. Sorry. I guess there really is nothing new under the sun. Lips Sealed
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:24 PM »

It wasn't a bad idea; just one that had been done before. Sometimes MOAR CHALENG != more replay value, and just finding different ways to enjoy the game is more fun. It's kinda why the mod scene for this game isn't completely dead.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 03:08:42 PM »

One of the things I wanted to do with Spelunky Natural was make some more challenges. My initial idea is that each character would have their own challenges and they would all unlock something. But that proved a bit too much work. Maybe the idea is worth reviving in simpler form.

Not that there's anything wrong with just doing this kind of thing on your own, but having it officially recorded by the game adds a little something I think.
Michelle Johnson
Mossbaby

Glory To Duggule.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »

Actually this type of challenge has been done before, and infact is a an objective to unlock the Temple shortcut in the HD version. But there's no harm in trying that again.

Not to mention the Eggplant. (In HD)

3DS Friendcode: 3969-6271-8787

Steam

AC:NL Dream Address: 4300-4623-8927 (Duggule)
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 01:34:43 AM »

Not to mention the Eggplant. (In HD)
In fact, you'd actually need to do so in order to finish the easter egg when you throw it at the true final boss's head.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: