Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Coming Back... and failing.  (Read 13307 times)
Michelle Johnson
Mossbaby

Glory To Duggule.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »

So, I played this version awhile back, and never really got to the jungle even, I got HD and beat it, so, coming back to classic, the slight changes really do make the difference. Anybody else feel the same way?

3DS Friendcode: 3969-6271-8787

Steam

AC:NL Dream Address: 4300-4623-8927 (Duggule)
Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:14:13 AM »

Yep same here.
I can't even beat the mines in the classic version anymore Tongue

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »

Same here too.

The smoother controls and gameplay and less lag and all... all the other things make it a lot easier than Classic.

In Classic, I can hardly beat Mines and never survive in the Jungle.
In HD, Ice Caves with many health, bombs and ropes = guaranteed!
Most of the time I reach the Temple. I haven't beat Olmec, but will surely do in a couple of tries(if I still have practice).

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 12:18:33 PM »

It's interesting how the little changes dictate you play differently. For instance in Classic, I found the safest way to break jars was with my whip (since it kills any creature in there too), but in HD, that doesn't work, plus loose spiders aren't quite so bad, so I toss them a few spaces away instead.

Arcing vs. straight flying arrows are another example. I'm not certain which is worse over all, but they both kill you vary reliably if you were expecting the other behavior!
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »

It's interesting how the little changes dictate you play differently. For instance in Classic, I found the safest way to break jars was with my whip (since it kills any creature in there too), but in HD, that doesn't work, plus loose spiders aren't quite so bad, so I toss them a few spaces away instead.

Arcing vs. straight flying arrows are another example. I'm not certain which is worse over all, but they both kill you vary reliably if you were expecting the other behavior!
The smoother controls are the reason why I play it so godly...

I like:
1. the arrow speed boost, as it feels much more exciting and deadly. Most of the traps have been made deadlier.
2. the spiders, as they are easy to kill. In Classic, I mostly avoided them, in HD, I kill them, always! You know, run, turn back, whip! They also don't bounce as they do in the Classic.
3. the new pots, they make the fact that there can be an enemy present meaningful. I mean, if the enemy dies as the pot breaks, what's the point of being there?

Actually, it's all about habit! You've played the Classic version more than I have, so you feel that version more comfortable than this one.

SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »

Funny, I find Classic easier and HD harder. HD is obviously the better game.
Audioworm
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 09:55:28 AM »

Now I feel all jealous for not having the HD version. Tongue

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

Now I feel all jealous for not having the HD version. Tongue
You don't?
Well, there are always more ways of getting it. Just saying. (Hint: hidsor)

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »

HD is objectively better only in certain specific respects. Obviously the graphics are more detailed. And because each block is more pixels, that makes on controls feel smoother too. And it does have the "secret" extra zone.

And it's objectively worse in at least one respect too (no level editor).

Other than those, most of the changes are things that some will like and some won't.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 11:56:37 PM »

1. HD is objectively better only in certain specific respects. Obviously the graphics are more detailed. And because each block is more pixels, that makes on controls feel smoother too. And it does have the "secret" extra zone.
And it's objectively worse in at least one respect too (no level editor).

2. Other than those, most of the changes are things that some will like and some won't.
1. Well, I was just discussing the gameplay changes, not the features though. Sure, I would like a level editor too.

2. Like what?
HD is harder in the sense that there are more enemies and traps. Traps are deadlier. and other changes.

Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »

Are... you using better and harder as synonyms?
SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 10:49:03 PM »

I wasn't. I was just saying it was harder, and it was a better game for obvious reasons (More stuff)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »

Quite a bit.
I meant the some gameplay elements are made harder as improvements, while the smoother controls makes it easier which more or less balances it, atleast for me. Besides, there are also couple of things made easier in this version.

NINJA'D!
I wasn't. I was just saying it was harder, and it was a better game for obvious reasons (More stuff)
I don't think he was asking you, though.( or was he asking both of us?)

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »

I feel like Classic has smoother controls. It's also nice that you don't automatically grab ledges

SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »

I feel like Classic has smoother controls
Wat
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: