Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Over-powered weapons inside crates!  (Read 8935 times)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2013, 03:26:10 AM »

I don't like the fact that weapons like the Plasma Cannon can appear inside crates! I can understand getting Jetpacks/Shotguns and other good items form crates as they can be bought from shops. But you can only get the Plasma Cannon weapon when you kill the Alien Queen, not from shops or anything, so why from crates? Getting one from a crate destroys the challenge to get it! (and maybe the reason to visit the Mothership, too).

This luck factor might seem nice at first, but later you'll realize that it only makes the person hate himself after getting a OP weapon like Plasma Cannon, because he'll probably get killed later in that run from taking damage for doing a stupid mistake...

I would request to prevent such a over-powered weapon like Plasma-Cannon, appearing from crates, as the only other way to get it is heading to the Mothership, killing the Alien Queen and exit safely.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:56:19 AM »

To be fair, a Plasma Cannon appearing in a crate is very rare.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Toolzy
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 05:59:59 AM »

I don't think you understand how rare the plasma cannon is, it's literally a 1/1000 chance. If someone gets it early on in a run, who cares? Let them have some fun, they'll most likely end up killing themselves with it anyway.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »

To be fair, a Plasma Cannon appearing in a crate is very rare...
...and that's what makes it even worse! The fact that is very rare, people will go mad (or atleast I) if they get it and die stupidly(YASD)!

1) I don't think you understand how rare the plasma cannon is, it's literally a 1/1000 chance. 2) If someone gets it early on in a run, who cares?
3) Let them have some fun, they'll most likely end up killing themselves with it anyway.
1) I know... that even makes it worse! The fact he/she wasted such a good opportunity, will drive him/her crazy! 
2) It changes the gameplay, severely.
3) Read it again:
This luck factor might seem nice at first, but later you'll realize that it only makes the person hate himself after getting a OP weapon like Plasma Cannon,and then dying later that run from taking damage(s) for doing a stupid mistake...

Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »

I hate teh plasma cannon.
Too risky.
I love the Shotgun/ Freeze Ray.
I go with them all the way (hehe... it rhymed :3)
Would rather find an alien in a pot :3
The aliens are one of the cutest things in the game (along with the killer bees :3) imo

Toolzy
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 12:12:28 AM »

This luck factor might seem nice at first, but later you'll realize that it only makes the person hate himself after getting a OP weapon like Plasma Cannon,and then dying later that run from taking damage(s) for doing a stupid mistake...
I'm guessing this is what happened to you and now you're complaining about it.  You're basically saying we should remove all good items because someone will be mad if they die with them.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 12:25:43 AM »

I'm guessing this is what happened to you and now you're complaining about it.  You're basically saying we should remove all good items because someone will be mad if they die with them.
Nope, it didn't happened to me...

Also, almost all other good weapons, for example, shotguns and jetpacks, can be found on shops, the Plasma Cannon can't be. Finding a Plasma Cannon is nearly impossible, that's what makes it even more precious!

1) I hate the plasma cannon.
Too risky.
2) I love the Shotgun/ Freeze Ray.
I go with them all the way (hehe... it rhymed :3)
3) Would rather find an alien in a pot :3
The aliens are one of the cutest things in the game
4) (along with the killer bees :3) imo
5) :3
1) If you try to use it as a shotgun.
2) Who doesn't?
3) I would too.
4) What!?
5) You're using only and too many ':3' smileys!

Fishou
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:31:39 AM »

I think it should stay as it is, if someone goes mad because doing a stupid mistake while having the plasma canon, they will go mad also by dying while having the jetpack+shotgun+crystknife+Kapala+everything you feel really good of an item, plasma canon in a crate isn't a problem.

[spoiler]

if you get it in hell, I can understand the problem in that case, but still

[/spoiler]
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 01:48:08 AM »

I don't think you speak for everyone about feeling stupid, Blaze.

Have you thought of them "learning how dangerous it is" so that they might avoid it next time?

Even if the feeling does happen, have you thought about it actually wearing off?

You complaining about it ruining gameplay reminds me of you complaining about the idea of seeds.

IE, I expect similar stubbornness.

(Google's definition of stubbornness says unwillingness to change especially in spite of good argument or reason to do so. Notice the former. it says "arguments". Therefore, you fall under Google's definition of stubbornness.Not that that's a bad thing, and shows you're really keen in your beliefs).

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 06:27:03 AM »

Notice my other points, too.
1) It can't be bought from shops!
2) When the only way to get it (other than getting one from crates) is beat the Alien-Queen on an impossibly hard level, IMO it's not much of a fair thing to just put it in a lucky draw game!

I think it should stay as it is,
1) If someone goes mad because doing a stupid mistake while having the plasma canon, they will go mad also by dying while having the jetpack+shotgun+crystknife+Kapala+everything you feel really good of an item, plasma canon in a crate isn't a problem.

2) [spoiler]

if you get it in hell, I can understand the problem in that case, but still

[/spoiler]
1) The only difference is that you have to actually work HARD to gain so many good items! To gain the Kapala, you must gain 16 favors(you can't get this from a crate, can you?), to get the Crysknife, you must beat the Worm! Plus, getting the Plasma Cannon from a crate is even rare than getting those all in a single run. And it depends much on luck than skill!

1) Have you thought of them "learning how dangerous it is" so that they might avoid it next time?

2) Even if the feeling does happen, have you thought about it actually wearing off?

1) It's a weapon, not a suicide bomb! Who tries to AVOID the Plasma Cannon!?! It's a ultimate golden opportunity of getting massive highscores that can make someone lead the leaderboards! It requires ENOUGH hard work to actually get it without getting one from a crate! Putting such a weapon in a luck factor makes it unfair for other people. There are people who are MADLY trying to beat the Mothership, on the other hand there some people getting from crates. Then what's the joys, if one can simply get one from crates! It also removes the challenge to get it, to luck!

2) Check my other arguments. (Don't try to hit the dead body again and again)

You complaining about it ruining gameplay reminds me of you complaining about the idea of seeds.

It changes the gameplay, severely.
Change means ruin? Oh sorry!
...And by "changes gameplay", I mean that it makes a very good difference having it and NOT having it. It's practically one of the MOST powerful weapon!

stubbornness.

Can you NOT pass a day without using that word?
Stay in the argument not go to the insult...
Rude? Who's being rude now?
I don't think being called stubborn every single time feels great, does it?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:33:23 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 09:02:51 AM »

I said "Not that [stubbornness is] a bad thing, and shows you're really keen in your beliefs".

In other words, I wasn't insulting you.

Read it properly next time. Tongue

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 10:22:47 AM »

I said "Not that [stubbornness is] a bad thing, and shows you're really keen in your beliefs".

In other words, I wasn't insulting you.

Read it properly next time. Tongue

Okay! Atleast I know your means, but it still hurts (a bit)!

Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:09 PM »

Probability of getting the Plasma Cannon: around 1/500
This means that 1 out of 500 runs, you will have fun using the Plasma Cannon.

Dude, it only happens a few times. There's no reason for you to think that "ZOMG OP WEPS INSIDE CRATEZ". Think about its rarity, man.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 12:43:22 AM »

Probability of getting the Plasma Cannon: around 1/500
This means that 1 out of 500 runs, you will have fun using the Plasma Cannon.

Dude, it only happens a few times. There's no reason for you to think that "ZOMG OP WEPS INSIDE CRATEZ". Think about its rarity, man.
First, it's rarer than 1/500!
Second, rarity doesn't make any less change, but possibility does.

Aadrian1234
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »

the game is based around being completely random, it's not a flaw. and if someone dies from it, it's their own fault they were using it. the game didnt make them use it. if you got attacked from above while holding a shotgun so you couldnt whip in time before they land on you, that wouldnt be cheap, but the plasma cannon is? it has a negative affect to it just like the rest of the held items, it would be your own fault for relying on it too much if the knockback or explosion killed you
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: