Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm not sure if I can run the game, can anyone help me out?  (Read 1704 times)
2b3o4o
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: September 15, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »

I'd like to play the game, but I don't have the best CPU, and I lack the technical experience necessary to discern whether mine fits the requirement of being an "Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz or equivalent processor". Could someone more experienced give me their opinion?

Here's my detailed specs on the Toshiba website:http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/C870/C875D-S7225/

Thanks.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

You can still play the game.

AMD processors are alternates to Intel processors, so it'll work.

And clock rates determining the speed of the CPU's are a myth, as it depends on how old the CPU is. increased clock rates just make the CPU work harder, which is why it seems that the computer goes faster when you overclock it and why it tends to go unstable when you do.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:55:14 PM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:23:02 AM »

I agree with the assessment that your computer can probably handle it. But that explanation about clock speeds is kind of nonsense. Over clocking a computer makes it "seem to go faster" because it does go faster. And yes of course it has to work hard to do that, just like you work harder to run faster. I guess KarjamP is trying to say you can't judge a CPU by clock speed alone, which is true, but it's still one of the factors that determines the speed.

For what it's worth, I'm also playing on an AMD system with a clock speed just a smidgen under the recommendation and it plays fine.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:34:24 AM »

I was referring to the Megahertz myth, Urza.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: