Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request: Make Spelunky Plasma HDTV-Friendly (money scroll burns in)  (Read 1318 times)
Bent 00
Seedling

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:42:08 PM »

(moved from the main Spelunky board)

http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=3511.0

I would like to ask the developer(s) of Spelunky XBLA/PSN to consider making the persistent displays in the game - especially the money scroll - Plasma HDTV-friendly. This could be done by having such displays somewhat transparent, slightly fade in and out, or change color.

I bought Spelunky for XBLA a few days ago, and I spent several hours playing it. It's amazing, but I found that the money scroll display has burned into my screen. None of the other games I've played caused any lasting image retention. I've played other games for at least 10 hours now after discovering the problem, but the money scroll from Spelunky is still burned in. My HDTV is a new Panasonic 42" purchased less than a month ago, so it isn't susceptible to burn-in because of its age.

Spelunky is a game best played in long sessions, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I think I'd better not play it on my plasma HDTV until the burn-in issue is fixed...

Has anyone else had this problem?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:43:50 PM by Bent 00 » Logged
8bit_pirate
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:33:03 PM »

I second this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: