Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping hand assaulted me in level tunnel  (Read 2510 times)
RabidZombie
Shoot

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »

I was carrying a shotgun, and had a helping hand from unlocking a character. As I entered the level change tunnel, I was stunned and the helping hand stole my shotgun.

I'm not entirely sure if they whipped me of if something else stunned me tbh.

I haven't been able to reproduce (but that's mainly because I've not rescued another helping hand AND had a shotgun yet...)

Latest (1.3?) GoG version.

I'll try and gather more data.
somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:13 AM »

lololol that is so funny.... Grin Grin Grin
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 06:51:58 AM »

What the heck!?!

How did I missed reading this topic before...

Anyway, that bug was epic.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »

The bug's related to the already-reported bug about the helping hand's whip always being out and stunning the player when he touches it (unlike Spelunky Classic, these are the actual character's objects that are used for cutscenes, not fakes, which explains why the animation isn't sped up when they walk during cutscenes, they can get stunned in places where they can't usually get stunned {like the tunnel}, the ball and chain glitching out the ending, the fact that the parachute activates in the ending, the fact that the pot can get broken {and stuff like spiders and snakes coming out of it} in the ending, etc).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:48:56 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 08:54:32 AM »

The bug's related to the already-reported bug about the helping hand's whip always being out and stunning the player when he touches it (unlike Spelunky Classic, these are the actual character's objects that are used for cutscenes, not fakes, which explains why the animation isn't sped up when they walk during cutscenes, they can get stunned in places where they can't usually get stunned {like the tunnel}, the ball and chain glitching out the ending, the fact that the parachute activates in the ending, the fact that the pot can get broken {and stuff like spiders and snakes coming out of it} in the ending, etc).
So, these aren't just animations, they behave like a level...
We just lose control over the player, beside that, it's the same.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »

Yes.

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:05:14 PM »

Yes.
[OFFTOPIC]
Instead of replying, you should be viewing this thread now. Wink
[/OFFTOPIC]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:43:21 PM by Blaze06h » Logged

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »

Yes.
What does Candy Box 2 have with this thread?

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:42:36 PM »

Yes.
[OFFTOPIC]
[/OFFTOPIC]
What does Candy Box 2 have with this thread?
Nothing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: