Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pressing O + X almost simultaneously when choosing "End Adventure" causes crash.  (Read 1154 times)
Jackie Chandler
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »

I've managed to replicate the glitch three times in a row on the Vita version of the game, so I'm pretty sure it's a consistent thing. I've yet to experiment with the other platforms. In case it helps, the message that ensues states:

An error has occurred in the following application.
(C2-12828-1)

Not a big deal, but it's a little annoying how easy it is to have this happen, given how small the Vita's buttons are.

EDIT: My initial interpretation of the glitch seems to have been off. As it would turn out, in order to perform the glitch, you need to press O just slightly before X, and you need to do it when clicking "End Adventure." If done correctly, the HUD will reappear in the top left, but the option to choose Yes/No to end your adventure will still appear. If you choose No, you'll perform whichever action you have assigned to O immediately as you resume the game. If you choose Yes, however, the game will crash.

EDIT EDIT: The exact same glitch occurs when choosing "Exit to Main Menu," and a similar glitch happens when using the same method upon clicking "Help and Options" and "Leaderboards" in the Pause Menu. In the latter cases, the game gets hung up on a black screen, and oddly enough, the only way to escape it is by opening the Journal and backing out from its menu.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I just tried the above glitches on the 360 and PS3 versions of the game, and can confirm it works on those platforms as well. Both systems locked up without the ability to access the XMB or soft reset using the End Adventure glitch. Strangely enough, the PS3 version continued playing the BGM while locked up, while the 360 version did not. I've yet to try the PC version, but if it works for the rest, I'd imagine it works on that version, too. I've reflected this discovery by changing the PSN icon to an exclamation mark.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:00:16 AM by Jackie Chandler » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: