Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vita and PS3 Lan play laggy  (Read 2786 times)
Bunn
Seedling

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:34:21 PM »

Hi! First of all, amazing game, I've been playing it daily. I got it on PC, and bought it again on the PSN, day one.

I have a Vita, and my brother comes to play in my PS3. if we play each with a controller, no problem. But if I play on the vita and he on the PS3, we get some lag hiccups, that really hinder the gameplay. I have wireless-N at home, and the vita is with 100% signal.

I've tried plugging the ps3 directly on the wireless router, or setting the PS3 to wireless (to eliminate hops), but it only got worse. Anyone having the same issue? Any tips? Maybe if the PS3 connected directly to the vita as it works with remote play, that could solve the issue. or maybe it's some minor speed difference between the consoles that's triggering the issue.

I know wireless is not a 100% science, there are lots of variables involved, interference router models and etcetera. I wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue, or if I have to review my setup before diving into it and wasting an afternoon for no reason

Any help would be welcome, it's way better to play with my own screen Smiley
Thanks!
Bunn
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »

I just want to report, I've changed my router and the situation improved a lot. instead of half second hiccups all the time I can only notice very few lags, maybe 1/5 of a second, happening once or twice by stage, now it's very playable.

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:56 AM »

Good that it's fixed! Smiley

Bunn
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »

Yeah. I just want to leave it here in case it helps someone:

After testing with another router, and verifying that it worked well, I updated the firmware the router I was using on the beginning with OpenWrt. Just please be sure your router is compatible before updating with custom firmware. My router model is tl-wr740n, and after updating, spelunky ran flawlessly, and even other games started to behave better ( I can now play the killzone beta Cheesy )

If anyone is interested, please take a look, but be sure to read and understand what you are doing, lest you end up with a bricked router:

https://openwrt.org/
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »

Now you can play not only Spelunky, but other games too, nicely with your brother and friends/relatives now! Happy Spelunky-ing!

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 03:56:20 AM »

Yeah. I just want to leave it here in case it helps someone:

After testing with another router, and verifying that it worked well, I updated the firmware the router I was using on the beginning with OpenWrt. Just please be sure your router is compatible before updating with custom firmware. My router model is tl-wr740n, and after updating, spelunky ran flawlessly, and even other games started to behave better ( I can now play the killzone beta Cheesy )

If anyone is interested, please take a look, but be sure to read and understand what you are doing, lest you end up with a bricked router:

https://openwrt.org/

You're essentially hacking your router to instal an Operating System on it.

Therefore, it's like jailbreaking an iOS device.

Only install it if your warranty expired, lest you need to repair it when it runs faulty.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
lloyd
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 07:50:48 AM »

Hi,

I just wanted to post here saying that I too am experiencing quite considerable lag whilst in cross-platform LAN play.  Sad

I have tried on two different networks with two different routers and experience the same issue. One network is a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND with both PS3 & PSVita on WiFi and the other is a Netgear DG438G with the PS3 wired and the PSVita on WiFi.

I can provide firmware versions if needed.

Please can this issue be investigated? I enjoy playing co-op so much and this is an otherwise outstanding game Smiley

Lloyd

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: