Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Plants Vs. Zombies 2  (Read 11058 times)
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 10:35:32 AM »

Team Fortress 2 is also free, and it's possible to buy addons in it (in a form of weapons and hats).
That's really different from this - hats do nothing and the weapons are fairly easy to get. They also are nearly all either sidegrades or downgrades from stock weapons anyway.
So is the Android version of Angry Birds and its spinoff Bad Piggies (free to pay, but you can buy the ability to turn off the ads, as well as obtain powerups).
Angry Birds is pay to win garbage at this point. Those "powerups" are overpowered.

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 10:51:54 AM »

I had to pay for the first on my phone...

It is fun, just disturbing that everybody says it's free when I had to pay $5 for it, know what I mean? Of course they also have the original Final Fantasy on there for a ridiculous amount so, there ya go.
Good games cost money!
They are making us indirectly buy it when we're purchasing premium plants.

Free to play, pay to win.

What about the original Spelunky, the original Cave Story, the original La Mulana, Iji, etc. ?

They're all free, you know, and they're great games.

Team Fortress 2 is also free, and it's possible to buy addons in it (in a form of weapons and hats).

So is the Android version of Angry Birds and its spinoff Bad Piggies (free to pay, but you can buy the ability to turn off the ads, as well as obtain powerups).
I didn't mean it has to always...

That isn't what EA is doing...
They're making it a game like those facebook/mobile games.
You have to pay for most of the incredible features. In some places, if you don't pay, you have wait a century to go just to complete a simple task.

As Known said, those Power-ups are extremely over-powered. The one who pays gets more score, (sarcasm 'on') pretty fair, I guess(sarcasm 'off'). It was good when there wasn't Power-ups. They're even ruining Bad Piggies with power-ups, the only Rovio game I liked. And they are doing it just for money.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

You haven't even tried it.

I'll only accept opinions of people who'll play the game in order to tell whenever the game's good or not.

And even then, I'll only accept it if they're not being biased against the reputation of the company.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »

I'll only accept opinions of people who'll play the game in order to tell whenever the game's good or not.

And even then, I'll only accept it if they're not being biased against the reputation of the company.

I hate you so much right now.

It's a cold hate. Maybe more of a disdain?

Anyhow, putting aside frozen hatred, EA gonna EA. Tautologies! But seriously, ugh premium content. Just sell the game, don't bleed out people's wallets via 'optional' features needed to win. Especially if it's one of these 'buy 300000 suunbobs for $10' things where the stuff you buy doesn't even last.

If you must sell stuff, do the KoL method. Your purchase gives you a thing that is useful, which can be traded for other useful things.
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:15 PM »

I have seen gameplay, and know exactly what they are doing. I have also tried another one of their "free to play" games (Need For Speed World) and have no trouble believing they will do everything in their power to fuck us over.

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 01:14:23 AM »

I expect it's directed to me.
I have tried enough similar games with premium content like this.
And it isn't hard to guess that EA will do the same thing being PvZ 2 has become a mobile game.

There's already much hate about the game because EA is:
  • Making the game freemium.
  • Releasing it first on Ios, even though it was a PC game.
  • Tons of IAPs. The one who pays more, gets the game easy, removing fair gameplay.
  • Making all the normal and good plants like Snow Pea, TorchWood, premium plants.

I'm not judging the game by the company. We're blaming the company for doing crappy things with the game. We're just using examples to show what EA can do and had done.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 01:42:01 AM »

I'm talking to everyone who claims to know the gameplay without personally playing the game themselves.

IE, Hyperme (I don't understand WHY you're hating me when I'm just stating what I think, and thus, wouldn't apply to you unless you share my point of view {you don't} ), Known & Unknown AND Blaze06h.

What I've said to Hyperme here applies to you guys as well (IE, my opinion wouldn't apply to you unless you're sharing my point of view), except for wondering why you're hating me. Tongue

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »

I'm talking to everyone who claims to know the gameplay without personally playing the game themselves.
We have played the original game after all...
The gameplay is alright, the problem is EA is doing crappy things to earn money.
They telling the game is free, but actually they're making even more money than the actual price of the game through IAPs.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 03:58:41 AM »

The gameplay is alright, the problem is EA is doing crappy things to earn money.
They telling the game is free, but actually they're making even more money than the actual price of the game through IAPs.

I meant the new games, not just the original.

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 04:02:54 AM »

What I've said to Hyperme here applies to you guys as well (IE, my opinion wouldn't apply to you unless you're sharing my point of view), except for wondering why you're hating me. Tongue

Because you lack any kind of pattern recognition, perform horrible logical contortions to pretend everyone is nice and cannot (or refuse to) understand the viewpoints of others. You then decide, despite the third point, that you still have every right to judge us using your desecration of logic. And worst of all, you prattle on and on about everything like you are some kind of expert, even when you know nothing about the topic at hand

There. I said it. Happy now?

Anyhow there are strong trends of EA using premium content as a pay to win mechanic, and I see no evidence that this game will be different.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 04:22:43 AM »

Anyhow there are strong trends of EA using premium content as a pay to win mechanic, and I see no evidence that this game will be different.

Who says the game developers won't make the game fun despite the use of premiun content?

Anyway, I'll repeat what I've said: My opinion won't apply to you unless you share it.

So go ahead and hate the game despite not even trying it.

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »

The core gameplay is same... whatever is changed can be judged by knowing.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 05:17:57 AM »

Good point, but that doesn't mean that "whatever is changed" is bad.

Look at Windows 8, for example.

People often decry it for the stuff that is changed, but many who liked Windows 8 state that these people haven't even tried the operating system (or even didn't get used to it).

Me, I'd say it's a love-it-or-hate-it item. I love it. My dad doesn't.

I respect your opinion, but that doesn't stop me from trying to make you think about it. Tongue

(And no, I'm not trying to be a devil's advocate, as I'm not arguing for the sake of argument).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:20:11 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 06:03:28 AM »

Good point, but that doesn't mean that "whatever is changed" is bad.

Look at Windows 8, for example.

People often decry it for the stuff that is changed, but many who liked Windows 8 state that these people haven't even tried the operating system (or even didn't get used to it).

Me, I'd say it's a love-it-or-hate-it item. I love it. My dad doesn't.

I respect your opinion, but that doesn't stop me from trying to make you think about it. Tongue

(And no, I'm not trying to be a devil's advocate, as I'm not arguing for the sake of argument).
No, I don't mean whatever is changed is bad, I said whatever is changed can be judged by knowing what it is...
For example, I like the new plant food system but don't like the huge money involvement in the game as premium content(IAPs). Both are new, one of which I like and the other I don't. I'm not saying that I hate new things.

IMO, if there's something new, some people will like it, others won't, and some of the new items/features would be good and others would be bad. The opinion changes from person to person.

An argument doesn't always mean it's a fight. Smiley

Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »

This. So much this.
Like I mentioned, they did this with NFS World also (you can buy MUCH better cars, power ups, upgrades, etc.)
Have you played it even Karjam? Because if you haven't, maybe you should follow your own advice and stop thinking you know how the game works.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: