Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Plants Vs. Zombies 2  (Read 10749 times)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »

So does anyone ever heard of this game: Plants Vs. Zombies?

Then, you'd be glad to hear that the sequel is coming...

PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES 2: IT'S ABOUT TIME!
(I know, the name sucks: 'It's about time')
The game was made by a company called 'Popcap', until EA bought it.
Btw, it was a PC game, but its sequel has been released on IOS first, PC coming soon...

...And for our FPS lovers...

PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE
The developers showed this game at E3, search for the video on Youtube.

Just do a google search for more info and...
Sorry for not scaling the images... I'm very lazy.
(Edit: Nevermind, scaled it.)

But why am I telling this?
Because I'M CRRRRAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYY!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:57:36 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 12:45:58 PM »

I enjoyed this post so much i went in my time machine to go back in time and relive it again.
I ended up in Ancient Egypt though :c
Love PvZ 1 and 2
And Garden Warfare looks like an interesting take on modern shooters (even if it does smell suspiciously like TF2 with the Zombie classes)

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:50:26 PM »

I enjoyed this post so much i went in my time machine to go back in time and relive it again.
Love PvZ 1 and 2
And Garden Warfare looks like an interesting take on modern shooters (even if it does smell suspiciously like TF2 with the Zombie classes)
Thanks! Good to know that other people have played this game as well!
You have a mobile? Lucky. I don't, still waiting for the PC version to come.
I wasn't interested in Garden Warfare much, until I saw the gameplay...
Yeah, it seems to be a lot like TF2 (with Zombies ofcourse, I mean ZOM-BEES!).

Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:53:26 PM »

Love PvZ 1 and 2
Np PvZ won awards for a reason Tongue
And no My whole family does but not me so i use my sisters Ipad to (when she lets me) or i watch her playe PvZ 2
And same here i thought it was gonna be another Generic FPS cashin...
THE ZOMBIES... ARE COMING!

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »

Love PvZ 1 and 2
Np PvZ won awards for a reason Tongue
And no My whole family does but not me so i use my sisters Ipad to (when she lets me) or i watch her playe PvZ 2
And same here i thought it was gonna be another Generic FPS cashin...
THE ZOMBIES... ARE COMING!
But still you know, hard to guess if this community plays...
READY... STEADY... PLANT!

Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »

I am still disgusted by what EA is doing with this game. A facebook game? Check. Free game on iOS only that lets you pay money for better plants? Check. They are making as many games as they can about it so they can cash in on the PVZ fanbase. This is pretty much what they do with all things they acquire. I don't think anybody should support this, whether the games are fun or not.

Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »

I am still disgusted by what EA is doing with this game. A facebook game? Check. Free game on iOS only that lets you pay money for better plants? Check. They are making as many games as they can about it so they can cash in on the PVZ fanbase. This is pretty much what they do with all things they acquire. I don't think anybody should support this, whether the games are fun or not.
I agree with all of this.
Even though i want the PvZ franchise to stay alive i refuse to pay a single cent towards this.
If it continues this way when it comes to PC then i have lost any piece of hope that EA wont make the series another F2P series
Also It is free probably because most people who play games on Ipad mostly download freeone's like i think in the top 20 games 19 of them are F2P.
And atleast you can get nearly every plant in the game for free but i hate how you need to get stars or pay to get the next area as i can't be bothered to grind for keys and stars to get to the next world turning what should be a fun game dull and boring.
Other than those issues it is a good game

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »

Ill check out the PvZ 2 game

But a FPS sounds bad. Just trying to squeeze more money out of the fanbase. Ill just keep my TF2 and not bother playing garden warfare
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »

I'm disgusted of EA as well, they made PvZ 2 a freemium ios game and they also made a facebook game called: PvZ Adventures, to loot people's money. They'll make like those shitty mobile game where the devs just make a new game with the name in it and YAY money!

Even though i want the PvZ franchise to stay alive i refuse to pay a single cent towards this.
If it continues this way when it comes to PC then i have lost any piece of hope that EA wont make the series another F2P series
Also It is free probably because most people who play games on Ipad mostly download freeone's like i think in the top 20 games 19 of them are F2P.
And atleast you can get nearly every plant in the game for free but i hate how you need to get stars or play to get the next area as i can't be bothered to grind for keys and stars to get to the next world turning what should be a fun game dull and boring.
Other than those issues it is a good game
Nor will I. A premium plants costs $2.99. Who's gonna buy that?
Plus, those were really important and cool plants (like Snow Pea and TorchWood) which were free on the original PvZ.
I don't know that feeling, since I haven't played the sequel, but it sure sounds bad, they're making it a game like Angry Birds, by adding the staring system and In-App Purchases.

A FPS sounds bad. Just trying to squeeze more money out of the fanbase. Ill just keep my TF2 and not bother playing garden warfare.
Actually, it's more like CoD. IIRC, it's made in the same engine that was used in the making of CoD. The game sounds a bit childish, but you might give a look at its gameplay here.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 09:00:15 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:04:05 AM »

The fact that the playable plants walk's just saying something.  Shocked

...then again, thinking about it, the almanac entries in the first game implies that the plants could get from place to place at will, as it shows that they have personal lives (how is the starfruit supposed to get to the dentist in the first place?), so it isn't TOO out of place.

Anyway, I wouldn't judge a game from a company.

Who knows? Perhaps these two would sell well, despite the former being a free game (with payed content), and the latter has to bend the rules when it comes to the biology of plants.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:08:43 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 12:56:02 AM »

I had to pay for the first on my phone...

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »

That wouldn't make this game any less fun.

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 02:19:11 AM »

It is fun, just disturbing that everybody says it's free when I had to pay $5 for it, know what I mean? Of course they also have the original Final Fantasy on there for a ridiculous amount so, there ya go.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »

It is fun, just disturbing that everybody says it's free when I had to pay $5 for it, know what I mean? Of course they also have the original Final Fantasy on there for a ridiculous amount so, there ya go.
Good games cost money!
They are making us indirectly buy it when we're purchasing premium plants.

Free to play, pay to win.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 09:35:55 AM »

Good games cost money!
They are making us indirectly buy it when we're purchasing premium plants.

Free to play, pay to win.

What about the original Spelunky, the original Cave Story, the original La Mulana, Iji, etc. ?

They're all free, you know, and they're great games.

Team Fortress 2 is also free, and it's possible to buy addons in it (in a form of weapons and hats).

So is the Android version of Angry Birds and its spinoff Bad Piggies (free to pay, but you can buy the ability to turn off the ads, as well as obtain powerups).

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: