Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doesn't work with gamepads..  (Read 2263 times)
Jawsofhana
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: August 23, 2013, 11:44:42 PM »

It's not possible to choose a gamepad as the controller. This is more than a little annoying for a platform game.

My controllers work in other games, like: Rayman: Origins, Skyrim (with x360 emulator) .

However, installing the emulator on Spelunky does nothing.

I was hoping some of the people who posted that as a suggestion would like to share their working config files in the case that they have it working properly.

Going to try Joy2Key now, but for a game like this to not come with gamepad support is enough for me to return the product.
Pawkeshup
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

I'd love to return mine, but GOG doesn't allow returns/refunds the moment you download. So basically I am just out $13 and some hard drive space.
gigantes
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 03:27:43 AM »

finally bought the HD version from GOG... was really looking forward to re-living old times, and now... this!  my logitech dual-action, which always worked perfectly with spelunky classic, refuses to be recognised in the new version.

i've tried joytokey and RBjoy as wrappers.  neither work in-game, although they work perfectly fine otherwise.

of course i have nothing against using the keyboard, but i have some hand / wrist issues and need to use a gamepad to avoid hurting myself.

so, yea... this feels pretty insane.  a modern game that can't recognise gamepads.  i wonder who thought that would be a good idea.  i suppose i don't mind paying more money to try xpadder, but... really??

EDIT: finally got it working with logitech's own profiler (built in to their gaming software), which i DL'd from their site.  tried to have it detect spelunky specifically, but that didn't work... then i just went with a global profile and finally the game cooperated.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:48:49 AM by gigantes » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: