Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: How many deaths until you beat king yama?  (Read 9590 times)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 01:41:08 AM »

i played spelunky classic last year but i stopped playing. i played like 3 times before the release of hd.  i like how nobody believes me lol
I mean, how far could you go on the Classic?
I'm not saying it's fake or something. everything is possible.

Ronnys
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 01:58:37 AM »

N/A

I never beat King Yama.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 02:06:59 AM »

N/A

I never beat King Yama.
Neither did I.

Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 02:39:49 AM »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=170431192
244 deaths. I kind of cheated though since I played a shitload of the 360 version. I beat hell on the 360 about a week before the PC version came out, I figure that was about 750 deaths on the 360.
SoProIWhipArrows
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »

No i don't play the classic version. and just to be clear, i was playing today and cant even get past the jungle, i think it was just a fluke. :/ i can post pictures today if you want

Well okay seems legit then, sorry for doubting but you have to understand how rare it is for a player to even reach Hell after that many playthroughs. It's just very rare to see, but I think watching NorthernLion did help out for sure.
xxsoulspelunkerxx
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 06:38:26 AM »

i reached hell yesterday but died on the first level, previously i couldnt get past the ice caves so yeah definately not sure how i did that.
Bonebreaker005
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »

439 to be exact Cheesy and then If i remember correctly i beat him again the very next run.
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »

If you hear any random outbursts of excitement, that would be because I just beat Yama for the first time ever. I was recording as well, of course, and to show the amount of deaths.. (click to enlarge)

Not too shabby, I would say. 163 plays so far, 159 deaths, beaten Yama once to date!

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
darkunderdog
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 06:01:33 PM »

Congrats!!! Smiley
SoProIWhipArrows
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »

If you hear any random outbursts of excitement, that would be because I just beat Yama for the first time ever. I was recording as well, of course, and to show the amount of deaths.. (click to enlarge)

Not too shabby, I would say. 163 plays so far, 159 deaths, beaten Yama once to date!

Wow that's very impressive, if you were recording you gotta upload that to youtube, always like seeing a Hell run.
hidsor
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »

Well,im the scumbag-est of the scumbags.
I've beaten Hell without even beating once Olmec. Yup, beaten Olmec 1 time and ran in to hell for first time, beat Yama on first try.
ULTIMATE SCUMBAG!

SamZum
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »

This is kinda embarrassing but about 700 on the xbox. then it reset for some reason, and 500 more, than i beat him on the PC at 352 deaths.
Reason is i really suck at olmec and die or make him miss the door there :/
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

I've beaten Hell without even beating once Olmec. Yup, beaten Olmec 1 time and ran in to hell for first time, beat Yama on first try.
ULTIMATE SCUMBAG!

You, sir, are a champ!

P.S. Sorry again for not scaling the image... you know lazy people are too lazy to change themselves. Wink

NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »

ULTIMATE SCUMBAG!

I can so believe that's possible, and it highlights one major problem...

Yama is so, so much easier than Olmec. If you get to Yama with plenty of bombs + the paste, you're almost guaranteed to beat him.. as long as you just pay attention to your surroundings.

Time to start a petition to make Yama harder... Pssst: only kidding!

Also, video of the hell run from the images I posted earlier is uploading right as I type this. About 16 minutes left to upload, tack on some processing time.. maybe about 30 minutes max. I'll post back here once it's up!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:15:56 PM by NalaNosivad » Logged

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
hidsor
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »

ULTIMATE SCUMBAG!

I can so believe that's possible, and it highlights one major problem...

Yama is so, so much easier than Olmec. If you get to Yama with plenty of bombs + the paste, you're almost guaranteed to beat him.. as long as you just pay attention to your surroundings.

Time to start a petition to make Yama harder... Pssst: only kidding!

Also, video of the hell run from the images I posted earlier is uploading right as I type this. About 16 minutes left to upload, tack on some processing time.. maybe about 30 minutes max. I'll post back here once it's up!
You'd also have to forgive me for being THE scumbag.
Playing on a pirate version of spelunky. (Yep! I can't afford any game due irl situations)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: