Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Thanks obama" moments?  (Read 21801 times)
Zombie_Mantrap
Bulb

Saaalaaaad...

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »

Prettymuch, Share moments in the game that were so depressing/unfair/rage inducing that the only logical response is to blame the afro-american president of the united states.

I'll start. :D

Having a good run.

Got the eye and just got the kapala and I'm about to head to the black market.

As soon as I enter a frog smacks me in the face, Dropping me down to 1 hp...

Immediately rush to get the ankh.

As soon as I buy it, A spike trap pushes a caveman down onto my head, Killing me and wasting the ankh.

...Thanks obama. :c
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:51:20 PM by Zombie_Mantrap » Logged
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »

Haha how is Obama involved in bad Spelunky runs? I prefer to blame Kali Tongue

There was this recent run where I got hit by a boomerang, fell down, bounced off the edge of a totem, which proceeded to spear me, launching me into a pit of spikes.

Thanks Kali...

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
Zombie_Mantrap
Bulb

Saaalaaaad...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:50:35 PM »

Haha how is Obama involved in bad Spelunky runs? I prefer to blame Kali Tongue

There was this recent run where I got hit by a boomerang, fell down, bounced off the edge of a totem, which proceeded to spear me, launching me into a pit of spikes.

Thanks Kali...

Because EVERYTHING is his fault. :3

(Even though thanks kali works alot too, Especially since half of the time when something fucks me over it's because I'm trying to please her. >.>)
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:01:50 PM »

Something tells me you don't like the US president.  Undecided

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Zombie_Mantrap
Bulb

Saaalaaaad...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »

Something tells me you don't like the US president.  Undecided

Actually I'm quite fond of obama, "Thanks obama" is an overused joke on the internet that parodies the way people blame the man for EVERYTHING they can think of... Like the line to get their welfare check cashed being too long or their car insurance not covering their 6 year old child finding pappy's shotgun and using their beat up ford as target practice.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

I think I may be on the wrong (right?) parts of the internet, 'cause I have never heard of that joke until today.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »

Wow, this post is outta left field. I don't care for Obama either(or is competition, red, blue, left, right- it's all BS if you ask me) but I don't quite get this post Undecided
Rodritony
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

Wow, this post is outta left field. I don't care for Obama either(or is competition, red, blue, left, right- it's all BS if you ask me) but I don't quite get this post Undecided
Its just saying something really bad that happened to you in spelunky and then saying *Thanks Obama* as a joke
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 01:23:37 AM »

1) Got the shotgun but I had only 1 HP left, only 1.
2) Jungle level starts, tiki man 3 blocks away sideways.
3) *dead*

Thanks everybody.

As soon as I enter a frog smacks me in the face, Dropping me down to 1 hp...
How come a frog drop your hp down to 1? If you only had 2 hp, that's not enough either.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:27:41 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 07:19:39 AM »

I think I may be on the wrong (right?) parts of the internet, 'cause I have never heard of that joke until today.

Really? I've heard it so much.

JustSmall
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »

My "Thanks Obama" took place a few months ago in the Ice Caves.
Back then I was even worse than today and was extremely happy I got from 1-1 to the Ice caves. I even got the Jetpack which was a huge achievement for me (and still is, don't get me wrong). I had yet to beat Olmec so I very excited. Now I think the 2nd or 3rd level in the ice caves starts:

I enter, somewhere a yeti triggers a mine which kills an UFO which flies directly to the entrance and kills me.

Another one was from my recent trip to Yama.
I had ~20 HP (Kapala + Mummy vomit = Profit!), plenty of bombs and a shotgun. The hands were dead and the head was flying around shooting lava man at me. Unfortunatelly I moved under the bone ceiling for a split second and in this moment skulls were falling down knocking me into the lava below.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:41:50 AM by JustSmall » Logged

-Snip-
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 09:01:54 AM »

Really? I've heard it so much.
Guess I'm on the wrong side as well. Thanks Obama.

infernogott
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 11:59:04 AM »

My "Thanks Obama" took place a few months ago in the Ice Caves.
Back then I was even worse than today and was extremely happy I got from 1-1 to the Ice caves. I even got the Jetpack which was a huge achievement for me (and still is, don't get me wrong). I had yet to beat Olmec so I very excited. Now I think the 2nd or 3rd level in the ice caves starts:

I enter, somewhere a yeti triggers a mine which kills an UFO which flies directly to the entrance and kills me.

Another one was from my recent trip to Yama.
I had ~20 HP (Kapala + Mummy vomit = Profit!), plenty of bombs and a shotgun. The hands were dead and the head was flying around shooting lava man at me. Unfortunatelly I moved under the bone ceiling for a split second and in this moment skulls were falling down knocking me into the lava below.

You should've gotton the amulet  Grin
JustSmall
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:44 PM »

When I have enough bombs and and HP to get to Vlad's castle I usually get the amulet. That run however I just forgot it. But in the end it doesn't matter because yesterday I succeeded in my mission to beat Hell with about no bombs at the beginning of Hell so that's an achievement (I actually got 3 achievements that run alone).

-Snip-
Rodritony
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »

When I have enough bombs and and HP to get to Vlad's castle I usually get the amulet. That run however I just forgot it. But in the end it doesn't matter because yesterday I succeeded in my mission to beat Hell with about no bombs at the beginning of Hell so that's an achievement (I actually got 3 achievements that run alone).
What is the amulet? ive never heard of it
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: