Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pixel Mod  (Read 46913 times)
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2013, 07:25:43 PM »

So I tried Triggs' awesome Classic Chaos mod that brings a lot of the old sprites back to Spelunky and I figured I would just try to pixelfy the rest of the textures as well. I have also made random little changes to the characters and some of the monsters. Most everything is done but there are some things I can't seem to find. I also put a subtle depth of field effect on the backgrounds as well. There are issues and it's not perfect but it is actually pretty fun playing like this  Cool

I would post more pics of the other areas but I rarely make it to the ice caves Undecided

EDIT: finally got to the ice caves on todays daily challenge. I even ghosted my first vault, wee!!

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?ub72vylctyve1m9

Just copy the contents of the zip into your Spelunky\Data\Textures folder and don't forget to backup the original files. So this is basically something I did for personal use and for fun but I thought I would share in case anyone wants to play around with it. And thanks to Triggs and NalaNosivad for letting me add some of their work(this is basically a quick attempt to fill out what is left for Triggs to do  Tongue )That being said...

Known Issues
-not everything is complete, fonts and other random things...
-there are visible seams on certain textures
-some sprites are less detailed than others  Undecided
-recolored some characters and certain mobs to my own taste Tongue
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:24:29 PM by joey4track » Logged
DevinTheOtter
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

Download?
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 07:45:29 PM »

Well it's not quite finished and I probably should get permission from Triggs and NalaNosivad as I have elements from their mods in here as well. It would be a huge pain to separate them as this affects pretty much every texture.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:02:53 PM by joey4track » Logged
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:59:17 PM »

Ha! I didn't notice you'd used mine in the screenshots before.

Anyway, consider this permission, because this looks quite neat!

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:57:38 PM »

Simply Awesome!

Edit: It's the mod of the week. Triggs and NalaNosivad will get credit too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:14:50 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »

Oh cool, thanks! I just need to hear back from Triggs and I will post a link to the download. Sent him a PM but haven't heard back yet. I will proabably make a video to showcase it but I need someone that is good at the game to get pics of the temple and hell Tongue
Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

It's fine with me, go ahead.
Crowley
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

You should definitely go over the graphics by hand. Many of the sprites look far too blurry.
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 02:33:47 PM »

Well, I could certainly get screenshots/videos of the temple! I'm working on hell at the minute, though.

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »

You should definitely go over the graphics by hand. Many of the sprites look far too blurry.

I actually gave each page it's own attention. This is not just a filter job on everything but there is far too much stuff to do by hand and make it perfect. For me at least, if you have the time and patience feel free to do it yourself. Like I said it's not perfect and I really just made this for myself but thought others might be interested so I decided to post it.

So I am at work and I will upload the mod when I get home. Feel free to post pics in this thread as I don't get to the high levels very often Grin
Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »

This is essentially what my pack will do in the long run.

This is a good short term solution though.
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »

Yeah, this is basically that. I tried your mod with the classic tunes as well and thought I would make a quick fix and try to get rid of all the HD stuff but like I said this was just something I did for personal use really. I think playing with the classic sprites gives me extra confidence, haha. I am way better at classic than HD so.. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:18:42 PM by joey4track » Logged
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »

Original post updated with download link Smiley
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 12:49:07 AM »

Especially the background textures.

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 01:15:21 AM »

Especially the background textures.

The backgrounds are purposely blurred to give a faux depth of field effect  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: