Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Co-Op on PC?  (Read 3087 times)
Eli Jones
Seedling

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2013, 09:16:44 PM »

Hey guys! I'm really enjoying the game and i had a bunch of friends buy it thinking we could all pal around some caves and die and generally have a good time! Sadly none of us can figure out how to get Co-Op to work, is there anyway to do it? Or is it coming soon?
Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »

It is local only and it will probably remain that way until someone makes a mod for it as it isn't as simple as typing <steam.multiplayer = true> .
It costs a lot of money and time that even Edmund Mcmillan said it would be too much work to include in BOI: Rebirth

Eli Jones
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »

Well thanks a ton!
Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 07:22:12 AM »

Well I think it's more because of the way the game is built, randomizing the level every time you enter than anything to do with Steam. A fair bit of work was done to create a multiplayer version of the original which I believe was working but still had a lot of problems. I think if the game generated levels based on seeds (like Minecraft) it might be easier to implement, but with all the randomness I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope to see online multiplayer unfortunately.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:44 AM »

It IS possible to do Co-op like in the XBLA edition of the game if you have any Xinput-compatible controllers (one at minimum - Spelunky allows one player to use a controller while another uses the keyboard. This can be set in the options menu).

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »

It IS possible to do Co-op like in the XBLA edition of the game if you have any Xinput-compatible controllers (one at minimum - Spelunky allows one player to use a controller while another uses the keyboard. This can be set in the options menu).
Though if you use something like JoyToKey you can have as many controllers as you want (because you can use any buttons on the keyboard, even ones that don't make sense)

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »

I assumed the question was about online co-op, but yeah if the game could register any controllers other than 360 ones by itself, there wouldn't be a problem...

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »

It picks up my Logistics gamepad just fine.

Then again, it has a mode where it can pretend to be an Xbox controller for the purpose of being compatible with Xinput-supported games.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: