Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New wall grabbing  (Read 6430 times)
Hired Hans
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:18 AM »

The OP is dead right - climbing gloves suck in this game. Because of the climbing gloves, i had to stop just jumping into boxes and whipping them, now i'll whip first (even if it means having to fall down and climb all the way back up to the box).

Specifically... ghost running is made very difficult with the glove, as people noted.

And even worse is the worm level, which is rendered just about the hardest thing you can play in the game if you have CG.

The problem  is - if you get offered climbing gloves early on, you don't know if you'll get a jetpack. If there's no JP then i'll take CG all day long. But the two together - CG ruins it.

Oh and also just remembered all those times i had to whip CG into the middle of a room on a blackmarket rampage just to avoid ever getting it by accident.Shame it can't be got rid of like the cape and weapons.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »

The OP is dead right - climbing gloves suck in this game. Because of the climbing gloves, i had to stop just jumping into boxes and whipping them, now i'll whip first (even if it means having to fall down and climb all the way back up to the box).

Specifically... ghost running is made very difficult with the glove, as people noted.

And even worse is the worm level, which is rendered just about the hardest thing you can play in the game if you have CG.

The problem  is - if you get offered climbing gloves early on, you don't know if you'll get a jetpack. If there's no JP then i'll take CG all day long. But the two together - CG ruins it.

Oh and also just remembered all those times i had to whip CG into the middle of a room on a blackmarket rampage just to avoid ever getting it by accident.Shame it can't be got rid of like the cape and weapons.
Not only CG, but the new item collecting system is not so good either.
In the Classic, you only collect a item by pressing 'Down+Whip' like any other carry-able item.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:09:31 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 08:34:39 AM »

you should transfer this thread to the issues section and mods please sticky this... died far too many times myself while ghosting...
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »

you should transfer this thread to the issues section and mods please sticky this... died far too many times myself while ghosting...
If only making threads sticky was this easy...

Bluddy
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »

If this makes ghosting harder, maybe it's not such a bad thing  Grin

Seriously though, ghosting should be very high risk behavior. The ghost should at least get faster and faster the more you use its gem conversion power.
DooM Marine
Shoot

Yep.

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:40:33 PM »

I'd like to move this to the issues/suggestion section (in mind that it will be an option, not all one way) but I don't think I can. Guess I need a mod for that.

Ooh, money!
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »

The problem  is - if you get offered climbing gloves early on, you don't know if you'll get a jetpack. If there's no JP then i'll take CG all day long. But the two together - CG ruins it.

I agree. I bought a jetpack (yes, I know I'm a wimp and thats not how to get a good score, I just wanted to survive) and then I picked up those stupid climbing gloves from a sacrifice, and died on a spike totem in the first jungle level!  Angry
Curse you, climbing gloves!

P.S. You can get rid of the cape? How?

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
DooM Marine
Shoot

Yep.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »

I agree. I bought a jetpack (yes, I know I'm a wimp and thats not how to get a good score, I just wanted to survive) and then I picked up those stupid climbing gloves from a sacrifice, and died on a spike totem in the first jungle level!  Angry
Curse you, climbing gloves!

P.S. You can get rid of the cape? How?

Pretty sure you can't...at least you can swap it for a jetpack or dracula's cape, though.

Ooh, money!
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 01:06:32 AM »

Can you get rid of the cape? If so, how?
You can't. Makes flying weird, isn't it?
But you can land on spikes safely using it.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: