Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snow/ghost induced lag  (Read 2501 times)
cubemike99
« on: August 13, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

I play on a 2009 MacBook Pro under both OSX and BootCamped Windows 7. When I play under Windows 7, the game is completely lag free, but there is major slowdown when the ghost comes or when there is a blizzard in the ice caves. When I play on OSX with wine, the game does have some minor intrinsic jitter, but it runs the same whether there is a ghost or not. This shows that my hardware is capable of rendering the ghost and snow without slowdown. Anyone have a clue as to what the cause may be or what may be done to fix the game under Windows so I can play lag free even when the ghost comes?
msanity
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »

I don't have a solution, but I do have the same issue. I believe Andy posted on the Steam forums that he is working on a low quality version of the fog/snow for the next update. But it seems like that is more of a workaround than a fix.
cubemike99
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »

I just can't get over the fact that the effects work better under wine than they do native.

By the way, could you link me the spelunky steam forums?
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »

Yeah, I have the same problem.
But I really feel sad that I have to play a low quality version. Cry
My hardware can run the game ultra-smooth, it can probably run the ghost and levels with fog/snow smoothly aswell.

Huse
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »

Hello, I have encountered this problem too even after the last update. The only way to make this loss of fps disappear is turning the fullscreen effects to "off".

My specs are
OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits,
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4cpus), ~3.1GHz
4096MB RAM
and using DirectX 11.

Still, thanks for the last update and for the entire game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: