Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compilation of Spelunky UI Mods - PS3 Controller + Light UI  (Read 43424 times)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 06:04:41 AM »

I do hate to bump my own thread, but how would people like a mod that does this completely useless thing?

Useless? Are you kidding me?
That's the most useful fix for me.
Looks exciting...

NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 05:14:48 AM »

After a long delay of making a few random, silly GIFs, I'll be posting that Olmec mod later today, I expect! I may also revise the installation instructions, since they do seem rather.. large right now. I'll think of something.

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
Twinge
Seedling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »

One other HUD element always really bothered me - the black border around the special level pop-ups at the bottom of the screen.  I've died to things hidden behind this many times, so I finally tracked it down in the files and fixed it.  Here's what it looks like modded:

Download the modified hudelements.png file here: http://www.it-is-law.com/dump/hudelements.png and place it inside the ATSTART folder before repacking.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:41:59 PM by Twinge » Logged

I stream Spelunky fairly regularly here: www.twitch.tv/darktwinge
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 08:32:04 AM »

One other HUD element always really bothered me - the black border around the special level pop-ups at the bottom of the screen.  I've died to things hidden behind this many times, so I finally tracked it down in the files and fixed it.  Here's what it looks like modded:

Download the modified hudelements.png file here: http://www.it-is-law.com/dump/hudelements.png and place it inside the ATSTART folder before repacking.
Oooh, brilliant one! I somehow had the thought in my head that the border there was drawn in code at runtime.. guess I was wrong!

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »

So the health HUD has a small issue in that you didnt change the dead player hud

this means that not only does it jarringly switch from light ui to normal ui when you die, but having dead players in multiplier can still be distracting

I uploaded a quick edit here if anyone wants to use it
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:09:12 PM by Bae » Logged

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Michelle Johnson
Mossbaby

Glory To Duggule.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »

So the health HUD has a small issue in that you didnt change the dead player hud

this means that not only does it jarringly switch from light ui to normal ui when you die, but having dead players in multiplier can still be distracting

That looks much better than the fix I made for myself. Nice.

3DS Friendcode: 3969-6271-8787

Steam

AC:NL Dream Address: 4300-4623-8927 (Duggule)
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 02:39:30 PM »

Ah, that's entirely my bad. Not once played multiplayer, after all. Mind if I shove that into the download? With credit for you pointing out the mistake, of course!

Michelle Johnson
Mossbaby

Glory To Duggule.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 05:11:12 PM »

Just a random edit-y thing you could do is to add '/4' to all instances of 'PS3' and add a controller image for the PS4 controller. Or not, I play with a keyboard.

3DS Friendcode: 3969-6271-8787

Steam

AC:NL Dream Address: 4300-4623-8927 (Duggule)
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 11:02:22 PM »

Well you could add it to the download, but I question the need for a light UI now with the current update

Unless you like big and clear huds?

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: