Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cross-platform buy?  (Read 6861 times)
Torcularis
Seedling

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »

Hey there. I bought Spelunky quite some time ago on XBLA, but I don't really play my 360 anymore. (It's currently sitting disassembled from me trying to flash the DVD drive.) I do, however, love my PC, love Steam, and love Spelunky.

Seeing as I bought it on XBLA, if I can provide proof of my purchase, can I get a key for the Steam version?
somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »

Hey there. I bought Spelunky quite some time ago on XBLA, but I don't really play my 360 anymore. (It's currently sitting disassembled from me trying to flash the DVD drive.) I do, however, love my PC, love Steam, and love Spelunky.

Seeing as I bought it on XBLA, if I can provide proof of my purchase, can I get a key for the Steam version?

you have GOT to be kidding right...

sorry man... doesnt work that way... too many complications... not that simple..
i'm no authority on this subject or anything, but i'm pretty sure i havnt heard of any such cross platform buying....ever...

anyways hope something works out for you...
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:03:29 PM »

Pretty much zero chance. Does it make business-sense to give out a PC game key for buying the console version a year ago after Microsoft has already taken a cut of the profits?

You're only going to see one-purchase cross-platform sales on computer games, for example Windows/OSX/Linux (and sometimes iOS/Android) versions of the same game as commonly seen in the Humble Store.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: