Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Killed by' glitch.  (Read 1784 times)
Stray Cat
Shoot

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »

It seems that the kill snapshot will sometimes mis-identify deaths by falling as whatever you took damage from last.
It's happened to me twice now. The first time a shopkeeper threw me against a wall, but when I got up I ran off a ledge and was killed by the fall damage. It gave me the 'beaten up' line, even though I was definitely killed by the fall.

The second time, I took damage from a UFO shooting me, but then died several seconds later by sliding off some ice and hitting the ground. It gave me the 'zapped' line, even though the UFO incident was a several seconds ago and had nothing to do with the fall.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: This is the Steam version, by the way. I never noticed this happening in the XBLA game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:04:43 PM by Stray Cat » Logged
brotatoe
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 03:23:14 AM »

The same happened to me with the ghost.
I took a bullet to the face but survived, then a minute or two later, when all the shopkeepers were dead, I died to the ghost and it said I was shot, with the text "I should never have angered that shopkeeper"
Tomponzi
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »

Similar thing happened to me with the ankh resurrection. I got hit by a UFO and died with the ankh, and later I actually died in the city of gold (don't remember from what) and got the "zapped" line.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: