Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few issues...  (Read 2348 times)
somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2013, 09:25:57 AM »

these arent exactly bugs...just some minor changes, if made would make a big difference to gameplay...
Okay... lets start..

1. Climbing gloves: i would like climbing gloves like in the original pc version... I DONT WANT STICKY GLOVES Angry... either that or make it an optional pickup

2. Why does the spelunker grab onto every other ledge he encounters...

3. i found an enclosed store... just once, but still...

4. shopkeepers become non hostile once hit by the spitting cobra..

5.the HUD needs a little transparency...

6.just once, a skeleton turned into a snake after it went off screen and came back...

7. getting hit by thrown items far too easily... even when theyre just about to stop
...feels cheap especially when it happens when its not supposed to...

8. getting hit by something invisible out of the blue and losing health... its happened quite a few times...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:50:23 PM by somevcs92 » Logged
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »

1. Climbing gloves: i would like climbing gloves like in the original pc version... I DONT WANT STICKY GLOVES Angry... either that or make it an optional pickup
Agreed.

Not that bad, it's playable.

3. i found an enclosed store... just once, but still...
I haven't saw one yet, but never wanna see it in future.

4. shopkeepers become non-hostile once hit by the spitting cobra..
Don't ever fix this. Praise the calm and gentle shopkeeper!

somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »

just that it seems to happen at the least opportunistic moments

4. shopkeepers become non-hostile once hit by the spitting cobra..

wheres the fun in that???
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »

just that it seems to happen at the least opportunistic moments

I probably don't have a problem with this, because I'm stuck at the Mines.

4. Shopkeepers become non-hostile once hit by the spitting cobra..

wheres the fun in that???
That was a joke actually.
I said that because, currently, the shopkeepers get angry at things happening off-screen, so, I was happy that there's a way to make him never get angry.

somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 09:20:18 AM »

9.the black market entrance overlapped with the castle entrance once... ended up in the castle...
Stray Cat
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »

I, for one, like the climbing gloves how they are. If you want to drop down past a ledge without grabbing it, just hold the movement stick downwards.

The extra input required to fall is far less annoying than missing a ledge you wanted to grab because you weren't pushing SIDEWAYS at the right time. That would be really fiddly on those delicate jumps that you need responsive air control for, flicking the movement stick back and forth to position yourself just right.

Say you were dropping downwards about five or six tiles to grab a ledge below you in the ice caves. If the game didn't automatically grab a ledge by falling past it, you'd have to maneuver yourself in the air to hit the ledge at an angle, and I bet more often than not your timing would be off and you'd just plummet past it.

Andy and Derek spent a lot of time working on the controls to make sure they felt right, and I trust they playtested enough different builds to come up with the optimal control system. If something seems annoying, it's probably because the alternative was even worse.
somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

I, for one, like the climbing gloves how they are. If you want to drop down past a ledge without grabbing it, just hold the movement stick downwards.

The extra input required to fall is far less annoying than missing a ledge you wanted to grab because you weren't pushing SIDEWAYS at the right time. That would be really fiddly on those delicate jumps that you need responsive air control for, flicking the movement stick back and forth to position yourself just right.

Say you were dropping downwards about five or six tiles to grab a ledge below you in the ice caves. If the game didn't automatically grab a ledge by falling past it, you'd have to maneuver yourself in the air to hit the ledge at an angle, and I bet more often than not your timing would be off and you'd just plummet past it.

Andy and Derek spent a lot of time working on the controls to make sure they felt right, and I trust they playtested enough different builds to come up with the optimal control system. If something seems annoying, it's probably because the alternative was even worse.

its not that its bad... but it shouldn't really be working when you are in a tight enclosure like a 1x1 space open to one side... its pretty annoying especially while ghosting... i think a VERY slight reduction in sensitivity of the gloves would be helpful.... VERY slight reduction...
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 06:12:27 AM »

The best thing would be to make it optional.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: