Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Unused Eggplant Monster?  (Read 19241 times)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 07:36:09 AM »

The 'egg' tracks play randomly for each area sometimes when starting a level. Other than Ultraegg which is for getting the eggplant.
Oh my theory! What did you just do to my theory! D:
Alas! I've lost. Embarrassed

Ade
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »

Has anyone tried putting the mystery box on an altar when the secret _egg music is playing on that level?

DevinCraig
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 09:14:09 PM »

Has anyone tried putting the mystery box on an altar when the secret _egg music is playing on that level?

Pretty sure that would require 100% luck to get that to happen.
somevcs92
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 11:46:47 PM »

Pretty sure that would require 100% luck to get that to happen.

i've noticed that the egg music never plays on the first mines level.. so that means there must be some significance to it... should try this... sounds promising..
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure now it was beta content that was removed during the release, sadly, but images were still left.

Btw, have you tried smashing the eggplant on the altar from which you've received it?

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 08:39:41 AM »

Sorry for the double post, but that was the only way to make it revive (or atleast try to revive).

There's still hope, Derek had stated that not all the secrets of the game are revealed yet.

TehWavy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »

I have this theory that sacrificing a Mystery Box while Kali is angry might summon the Eggplant Monster, but in 100 odd plays I haven't been able to blow up an altar, THEN have a Mystery Box and altar spawn. I even beat Olmec a couple of times!
Rodritony
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

I have this theory that sacrificing a Mystery Box while Kali is angry might summon the Eggplant Monster, but in 100 odd plays I haven't been able to blow up an altar, THEN have a Mystery Box and altar spawn. I even beat Olmec a couple of times!
This is genius
I have seen every comment of every topic related to eggplant and no one as tried that yet. Its a good idea!
cubemike99
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 09:27:02 PM »

I just tried this by bombing one half of the altar with no prior sacrifices or angerings. I placed the present on the remaining half of the altar and didn't even get the eggplant, just the message "Kali is very angry with you." Shame, but I really liked this idea.
TehWavy
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 10:15:38 PM »

Yeah I was just about to post that I did the same thing. At first I was kind of excited that the eggplant DIDN'T spawn, thinking "oh this must have triggered Olmec turning into the eggplant monster!". But really it's probably just because Kali was angry with me and didn't want to give me anything. Sad

I didn't get to Olmec on this run so the possibility is still there I guess haha
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 12:47:55 AM »

Try something logical, guys.
It might be so simple that we're over-looking it.

Edit: Oh man! I didn't knew that YOU, TehWavy, were the on who made the GameFAQs guide.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:28:37 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

Stray Cat
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 09:21:20 AM »

i've noticed that the egg music never plays on the first mines level.
Nah, it does.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »

i've noticed that the egg music never plays on the first mines level.
If you enter the Mines and watch the 'The walls are shifting...' animation, it'll always play the music, 'adventure.ogg' or 'A01_first.ogg' (both are the same music), otherwise it does.

maDEMOman
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 11:21:55 AM »

can someone crack this myth down please?
the eggplant monster is pretty much a "expertly hidden" boss
that we know nothing about. if we saw his attack patterns we can tell if its something to do with olmec/yama or if its a new boss entirely.
can someone ask derek to post something about this boss' attack pattern?

cant defeat this GRN team spy (tf2 spy)
Torcularis
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »

Having never fought him myself, I had an idea that perhaps it has something to do with King Yama. I definitely don't have the skill for it, but has anyone ever tried getting the eggplant, playing all the way through the game to the boss fight with King Yama, and throwing it at him? Something tells me if you did, his head would turn into the giant eggplant monster we're currently racking our brains over, but I've got the sneaking suspicion that nothing earth-shattering will happen; it's likely just a skin of some sort. Doubt it has any sort of alterations to his attack patterns.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: