Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky HD Modification Compendium  (Read 328179 times)
PolarStarGames
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »

http://goo.gl/W0MHPb Started replacing a few items, a friend made the level border texture, though it's a WIP like everything else.

That border looks like a higher resolution then the dirt, it's bothering me.
Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 10:01:16 PM »

Yeah I noticed it too, like I said, work in progress.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 07:02:47 AM »

1)I'm not really sure how to go about releasing it. What are the legalities of posting the .wad?
2)I could just post the changed textures and make other people repack them.
1)I don't think Derek would mind. You aren't selling them, are you?
2)That's the same thing as uploading the .wad file.

Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 07:46:10 AM »

yeah ok. I'll upload them now, though if either Andy or Derek ask me to I'll remove it and sort out proper distribution.
As an aside though,
http://goo.gl/Pfyjue
I altered the jungle background to be less blue and more jungle-y. Aswell as the exit and entrance. I know it's not exactly the most faithful to the original, but I look at it as an improvement, could maybe do with some tweaking. And yes I do realise that the level border is double the resolution of everything else. The dude who was handling that went to sleep.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:47:48 AM by Triggs » Logged
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2013, 07:50:51 AM »

yeah ok. I'll upload them now, though if either Andy or Derek ask me to I'll remove it and sort out proper distribution.
As an aside though,
http://goo.gl/Pfyjue
I altered the jungle background to be less blue and more jungle-y. Aswell as the exit and entrance. I know it's not exactly the most faithful to the original, but I look at it as an improvement, could maybe do with some tweaking. And yes I do realise that the level border is double the resolution of everything else. The dude who was handling that went to sleep.

Thoughts?
Oh the Jungle background looks so awesome!
And yeah, things are made to be improved.

Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 08:03:15 AM »

Actually going to do another bout of work on it then upload it. Adding CoG and probably a few more items.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »

Actually going to do another 'bout of work on it then upload it. Adding CoG and probably a few more items.
Nice! Really want to see your work.
I wonder what will you do for Hell textures.

Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »

Probably make them from scratch. The fun part won't be making them. The fun part will be getting to hell to see if they look ok.

Classic Pack Download(Mediafire)
Extract the .wad and .wad.wix into your Spelunky/Data/Textures folder.
Backing up your current files before overwriting might be a good idea.

If you get to the City of Gold with this pack. Please post pictures! I haven't been since I replaced the textures there.

There's some incredibly wonky textures in places. The level borders being a big one, my buddy was having some trouble getting them to look right again after he fixed the resolution. Trees are also wonky, as is Ice. There's loads of things that haven't been replaced yet, but this should give you an idea of how it's going.

Also you might want to remove the Minecraft mod from the list in the first post. That's not something I'm working on. Just something I was doing while I figured out how it all fit together. I don't have the files for it anymore.

It's 5AM so I'm out for a while, any suggestions, questions etc feel free to let me know and I'll read them when I wake up.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 11:12:53 AM by Triggs » Logged
NalaNosivad
Bulb

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »

I went an made a mod specifically for people who are using a PS3 controller to emulate a 360 controller via MotionInJoy or similar. All it does is replace the control prompts in the UI with PS3 buttons. I.e., X becomes square, etc.

The mod is here, and a few screenshots showing what it does can be found here.

I also made a mod that gets rid of the massive banners in the upper-left corner of the screen, allowing you to what's going on up there more easily.

The mod is in the same thread as the previous one, here, and a screenshot showing what it does can be found here.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 10:08:24 PM by NalaNosivad » Logged

Stupid banners in the top-left corner of the screen annoying you in the new Spelunky? Using a PS3 controller via 360ce or MotionInJoy?

Grab my light UI/PS3 controller mod!
Triggs
Bulb

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 04:28:27 AM »

Replaced a bunch of items and did a bunch of other stuff I've probably forgotten.
Still some wonky-ness with some textures
Classic Pack 0.2 Download(Mediafire)

As before extract the .wad and .wad.wix to your Spelunky/Data/Textures folder.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 06:06:09 AM »

Okay, gonna update the list.

Edit:
Replaced a bunch of items and did a bunch of other stuff I've probably forgotten.
Still some wonky-ness with some textures
Classic Pack 0.2 Download(Mediafire)

As before extract the .wad and .wad.wix to your Spelunky/Data/Textures folder.
Okay, I changed my mind. I cannot afford 60 MB for every mod.
Just post the modded images.
Also, I suggest you to make a new topic for your mod.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:03:31 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

Stray Cat
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 06:06:10 AM »

You know what I'd really like to see?
Dark Ice Caves.

I guess you'd just make the game run the level generation engine that is used for Yeti Kingdom levels so you wouldn't instantly fall to your death, cut out the Yeti King and add the darkness?

There's even beta music already composed.

I've no idea how hard that would be to implement, and it's probably too ambitious a project to undertake at this early stage but it would be pretty cool to see at some point.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »

You know what I'd really like to see?
Dark Ice Caves.

I guess you'd just make the game run the level generation engine that is used for Yeti Kingdom levels so you wouldn't instantly fall to your death, cut out the Yeti King and add the darkness?

There's even beta music already composed.

I've no idea how hard that would be to implement, and it's probably too ambitious a project to undertake at this early stage but it would be pretty cool to see at some point.
You can only edit sprites, textures and audio on Spelunky HD.
Also, there weren't Dark Ice levels in Classic either (because that would've made the game too hard).
Would definitely like to hear that music in the game, though.

According to my first line, it's impossible to implement in the game by us, only the developers(Derek and Andy) can do that.

Crowley
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »

Here's a custom character I'm working on for myself, but I think I'll release it for public once it's done.

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »

Here's a custom character I'm working on for myself, but I think I'll release it for public once it's done.

How did you make such an awesome sprite?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: