Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky HD Modification Compendium  (Read 322645 times)
Fobwashed
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »

Nope, the only issues I had with the outline were during the character select screen and it was only a faint white outline. In game, it looked perfectly fine.
http://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-2594057

Anyway, I figured it out. I just had to surround the entire sprite with about a single pixel padding of any color at 1% opacity. The white borders were only appearing in segments of the sprite that were a high percentage bordered by 0%. All in Photoshop =]
The problem's still with Photoshop, due to how it handles transparency.

Even Derek suffered from that problem when he used Photoshop for his sprites.

The best bet is to either use a plugin that corrects said problem or use a different photo-editing tool to save it.

Maybe there are some other issues with Photoshop that I'm unaware of, but in terms of the faint white outline thing, the 1% opacity thing 100% fixed it. Which sorta means for this particular problem, best bet is to select all, move in any direction to have it outline all areas of the spritesheet that has opacity, move it back into original spot, expand selection by 1 pixel, create a layer beneath the spritesheet, fill or draw at 1%, flatten, save.
Fobwashed
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:12 AM »

Hey peoples. I finished a skin I was working on and uploaded it to one of those file share sites. Details are on a blog post here if anyone wants it =]
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/patrick-klepek-spelunky-skin-1470015/

It's a skin of one Patrick Klepek who's Daily Spelunky runs have gotten me into playing the game myself.

Cheers!
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2014, 04:44:27 AM »

Hey peoples. I finished a skin I was working on and uploaded it to one of those file share sites. Details are on a blog post here if anyone wants it =]
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/patrick-klepek-spelunky-skin-1470015/

It's a skin of one Patrick Klepek who's Daily Spelunky runs have gotten me into playing the game myself.

Cheers!
The ghost sprites actually have some use in multiplayer and deathmatch, including the "silly pose".

Therefore, this sprite sheet's technically incomplete.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Bae
Mossy

Pro YoCo strats #AGDQ2014 #GYCL

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2014, 08:28:54 AM »

@Karjam: That's only if they plan to ever play in Multiplayer though. A personalized skin for solo players can omit the ghosts and save some time and hard work, but if you plan on releasing it for public use then ghost sprites are needed yeah.

Anyway, the thing I've been working on for like, the past week? A skin of Young, who is the main character from Anodyne, an indie game that's sort of like if Yume Nikki had a baby with Link's Awakening (I like it a lot go play it).

Preview Image:

[Skin download]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:57:45 PM by Bae » Logged

[0/18]complete

think about it. Zom-bees.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #334 on: January 31, 2014, 05:39:12 PM »

@Karjam: That's only if they plan to ever play in Multiplayer though. A personalized skin for solo players can omit the ghosts and save some time and hard work, but if you plan on releasing it for public use then ghost sprites are needed yeah.
It's also needed for the Deathmatch, as that mode also has ghosts in it.

Also, the character head, the cursor, the circle and the money bag are all used in multiplayer.

(From what I can tell, the cursor, the head and the circle combine to be used as a marker to tell others where the player is off screen. The Moneybag with all the loot of the character appears whenever he gets killed.)

Also, Bae, I like what you did to the skin to add meta info to the sheet itself, as no one had done that before. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 05:46:30 PM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
SuperX46
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 31, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »

Zombie's Ate My Neighbors is a great game.
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 10, 2014, 11:53:01 PM »

Tisk Tisk, not going to add my skin or tutorial to the list, Blaze?

[0/18]complete

Michelle Johnson
Mossbaby

Glory To Duggule.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »

What would happen to your lovely game, if you accidentally delete your '.wad' files while trying mods?

Crashing. That's what. I tested it. Hoped for something more interesting though  Sad

3DS Friendcode: 3969-6271-8787

Steam

AC:NL Dream Address: 4300-4623-8927 (Duggule)
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »

Tisk Tisk, not going to add my skin or tutorial to the list, Blaze?
TL (too lazy).

Edit: Okay now? Tell me if I missed a mod or did something wrong which I usually do (old habits die hard), if you really care about though.

I didn't add mods because this place got so dead that I didn't got the interest to do it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:28:30 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »

So you could add my Metroid wip if you like. The textures may not be out for awhile(if ever  Tongue ) but the music pack is up and it's pretty cool if I do say so myself
Bae
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2014, 04:13:01 PM »

You missed my skin lol

Also I know the forums are dead but I'm pretty sure this thread probably gets a lot of offsite visits from people who want custom stuff

On that note if you want to be less lazy (or heck I'll even do it for you and let you paste back the BB code in a post edit) splitting the texture mods into characters and other (or even level texture packs and other) would be very nice for finding stuff easier, I mean most people probably just want to see a list of what characters they can download.

Also thinking about making a mirror to this thread on steam but hmm that might make less traffic come here and thats a no no

[0/18]complete

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2014, 07:18:19 AM »

Sorry, if you have the link to it, please post it here. It is very common for me to miss mods accidentally between so many threads.

So you could add my Metroid wip if you like. The textures may not be out for awhile(if ever  Tongue ) but the music pack is up and it's pretty cool if I do say so myself
I'm adding all mods, why won't yours be added? ...while typing this... Gotcha! Found it.

Lol, you really positioned it well with the light.

You missed my skin lol
Oh man! *facepalm* Well, this happens. To err is human!
I'll try to find it (and joey's skin as well, nevermind found it while typing this), or you might give me a link instead.
...while typing this...
Sorry, I can't seem find it. Did you make a separate thread for the mod?

Also I know the forums are dead but I'm pretty sure this thread probably gets a lot of offsite visits from people who want custom stuff

On that note if you want to be less lazy (or heck I'll even do it for you and let you paste back the BB code in a post edit) splitting the texture mods into characters and other (or even level texture packs and other) would be very nice for finding stuff easier, I mean most people probably just want to see a list of what characters they can download.
35k views, it says.

I thought of this idea too (when the mods started increasing to huge amounts), but separating them one-by-one was too troublesome for me. I'll do it myself if you could wait a day or two (I can't suddenly spend hours now separating those), or you might do it yourself if you're really impatient about it.

Also thinking about making a mirror to this thread on steam but hmm that might make less traffic come here and thats a no no
Yeah. Anyway, there were couple of mods posted in the Steam forums too, which I haven't added it here. And seeing how problematic it is to manage the thread here, there is definitely no way that I'm going to do the same mistake again.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:30:23 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »

Thanks, you got the character pack and here is a link to the music pack: http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=4131.0
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2014, 06:27:20 AM »

Thanks, you got the character pack and here is a link to the music pack: http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=4131.0
Sorry, didn't noticed.it also contained the music pack, in fact, I even forgot you said that it was music pack. Tongue

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2014, 02:26:48 PM »

Not sure if I am even going to finish this but I have just been playing around with the textures again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7isLNjlrjX0
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: