Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty- Spelunky Classic vs Spelunky HD  (Read 15796 times)
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 04:50:28 PM »

I don't miss the bow but I do miss the pistol. It's nice not having the knockback.
Known & Unknown
Mossy

Known for short!

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »

I liked the pistol too, it was nice to have a gun that was actually worth its price. If you want a shotgun, killing the shopkeeper is definitely the best way to do it.

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »

Yeah, spamming pistol is pretty good too. Good accuracy and 1 bullet is really all you need for enemies anyways
Damsel
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »

I vote that the HD version is harder because of those blasted arrow traps! Also I have to relearn throwing angles, which sucks. And I keep using a rope when I want a bomb or the more deadly bomb when I want a rope, since the "A" and "S" keys switched.

Spambots sure like medicine.
"Claritin Secret Friends"
"Motrin To Puppies"
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 06:26:17 AM »

1)I vote that the HD version is harder because of those blasted arrow traps!
2)Also I have to relearn throwing angles, which sucks.
3)And I keep using a rope when I want a bomb or the more deadly bomb when I want a rope, since the "A" and "S" keys switched.
1)I like the blasted arrow traps, it feels so much exciting, but it doesn't make the game too hard. There's much more reasons for it to be harder.
2)Yeah, I had to aswell. It kind of sucks, but I can cope with it.
3)Not to mention, I accidentally blew up an altar. Just change the keys.

If there had to be only one thing I could have reverted to like it was in Classic, it would be piranha speed. Rushing water is damn near impossible now.
The 4 year development time probably made those already hungry piranhas even hungrier.

Im still sticking by the original that has more content, that everyone forgot about

PISTOL AND BOW AND ARROW
What do you mean by 'more content'?
Does it have:
  • Secret areas like Worm, Mothership, etc.
  • A whole new secret area, Hell.
  • New events(level feelings) like Creepy Crawlers, Fourth of July, Blizzard, etc.
  • New items like camera, etc.
  • New Final Boss: King Yama.
  • New enemies like mammoth, croc-men, etc.
  • HD graphics.
  • Better music and sound effects.
  • Eggplants.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:40:38 AM by Blaze06h » Logged

Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 09:51:10 AM »

I switched the keys on bombs and ropes too.

Anyways, I feel like the ice caves may be easier now.

The new stuff in the ice caves isnt that hard. and it seems like Psychic presence spawns like almost every run for me. So a free jetpack every run makes the ice caves a piece of cake.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 10:05:39 AM »

I agree. There are good reasons for preferring classic (view area, level editor, modding, etc) but "more content" isn't one of them.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »

I agree. There are good reasons for preferring classic (view area, level editor, modding, etc) but "more content" isn't one of them.
Too bad, there's not even a level editor in the HD version.

joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »

Can anyone confirm that the levels in HD are larger? Or is it all just in my mind?
Stray Cat
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »

Can anyone confirm that the levels in HD are larger? Or is it all just in my mind?
I wouldn't say so. In Classic, they're 40 tiles wide and 32 tiles high, arranged in four levels. I'm fairly sure that's about the same as they are in HD, but I haven't paced the distance out.

It's probably an illusion that results from your FOV being slightly smaller in HD, so there are more screen-widths to a level in that version.
joey4track
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »

Ah. I see. Thanks. Also I think there is usually more going on in HD and it seems to give a more claustrophobic feeling where Classic can feel a little bare in comparison.
Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 02:19:22 AM »

I think it's the same in HD. The camera is more zoomed in, so it feels the levels are bigger.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: