Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky tournament?  (Read 3073 times)
Buddy7heElf
Shoot

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »

Who else would love a one-run high-score Spelunky tourney? I would say players would get a one hour window to decide when the the randomized levels are right. I would also say once a player goes through the door of 1-3, that's the player's final run. Because of the huge luck-factor involved, I think that's the fairest way.

Do you guys love Spelunky as much as me? Haha.

BTW, Kenneth would be like Tiger Woods--the field vs him.
Calcius
Shoot

-cough-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »

This sounds cool and is 80% prossible! but when/where would it happen? Tongue
rooney815
Shoot

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »

This would be awesome.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 02:13:49 AM »

yall talking about origonal of xbla?

Whooper1222
Mossy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 06:01:44 AM »

y'all talking about original or xbla?
Probably, xbla.

Buddy7heElf
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:03 AM »

On xbla.

And we'd have to figure out the best way to make this happen. The only way for this to be as big as possible is if Derek got involved and marketed on the homepage where players will see a notification when they get on to play the game. There could maybe be an entry fee where Derek got a cut of the pot. I don't know how difficult it would be for Derek to set up, but it would be amazing.

Otherwise, it would just be a small deal between a few people on here where we'd have to rely on the honor code. I don't know how far we could market it--maybe facebook, and I don't know if this game is even popular enough.

I think if we really wanted a cool tournament, we'd have to somehow get Derek involved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: