Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The official religion of the Spelunky world!  (Read 14233 times)
CaSoDaN
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:26 PM »

Obviously the religion of Spelunky is Anusanity.
Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »

You're just stupid
CaSoDaN
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 04:00:12 PM »

You're just stupid
Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »

I can tell that you are seeking attention. Why this thread?
CaSoDaN
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »

I can tell that you are seeking attention. Why this thread?
First of all I was just joking with the Anusanity. You calling me stupid was uncalled for, but I didn't want to start up a flame war so I just posted that image. And I'm not seeking attention. Anyways please get out.
Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »

Oh

I just started posting something long, and your post was posted next after some secs, which caught my attention. (For some reasons, I kept falling into jokes/trolls)
bbleop
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »

I think what I was going for was that most of the monsters and themes are ancient things, and not really thought about in most modern society- like ideas that most/western society has buried, kind of thing. But yeah, that doesn't entirely sum up the theme of all the mobs and treasures in Spelunky... so I'll think about that again
Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 12:06:09 AM »

I definitely can explain that Spelunky is set in Egypt.

The reason why is that the spelunker walks in the desert, exploring the caves and ended up in a Egyptian-like temple, which contains most of the evidence of Egyptian stuff.

The temple is basically a tomb of a dead pharaoh. The "pharaoh" that I'm talking about is the Mummy (AKA Tomb lord in original), since it drops the sceptre (which most pharaohs hold) in the original. The reason why the sceptre is dropped from the mummy is because of its powerful ability, so that their slaves would hide it on the pharaoh's body before it gets wrapped up.

Another thing I could mention is that the mummy no longer drops the sceptre in XBLA version. The sceptre was given to the Anubis, since Tomb Robbers sometimes loot bodies. The main reason why it is given to the Anubis is that the sceptre in XBLA homes into enemies at a very fast rate, which would kill the user. The Anubis would've taken the dead Pharaoh's sceptre, so he kept it away from unexpecting explorers, who would’ve killed themselves if used incorrectly.

Since 80% of the population of Egypt is Muslim, Hell stuff, Kali and the kapala would be part of Egypt too. The things I listed above wouldn’t be muslim, but still they are part of ancient Egypt.

Anyone confirm Spelunky ‘s religion as Muslim, and confirm its location as Egypt?
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »

The reason why is that the spelunker walks in the desert, exploring the caves and ended up in a Egyptian-like temple, which contains most of the evidence of Egyptian stuff.

The temple is basically a tomb of a dead pharaoh. The "pharaoh" that I'm talking about is the Mummy (AKA Tomb lord in original), since it drops the sceptre (which most pharaohs hold) in the original. The reason why the sceptre is dropped from the mummy is because of its powerful ability, so that their slaves would hide it on the pharaoh's body before it gets wrapped up.

Another thing I could mention is that the mummy no longer drops the sceptre in XBLA version. The sceptre was given to the Anubis, since Tomb Robbers sometimes loot bodies. The main reason why it is given to the Anubis is that the sceptre in XBLA homes into enemies at a very fast rate, which would kill the user. The Anubis would've taken the dead Pharaoh's sceptre, so he kept it away from unexpecting explorers, who would’ve killed themselves if used incorrectly.

Since 80% of the population of Egypt is Muslim, Hell stuff, Kali and the kapala would be part of Egypt too. The things I listed above wouldn’t be muslim, but still they are part of ancient Egypt.

Anyone confirm Spelunky ‘s religion as Muslim, and confirm its location as Egypt?

Yes, Kali the Indian god is native to ancient Egypt. And so are Aliens, Yeti, Olmec, Jiang Shi, etc.

Just because Egypt's a Muslim country doesn't mean Indie's a Muslim.

In fact, he could may as well come from America on a expedition!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:21:59 PM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »

Yes, Kali the Indian god is native to ancient Egypt. And so are Aliens, Yeti, Olmec, Jiang Shi, etc.

Just because Egypt's a Muslim country doesn't mean Indie's a Muslim.

In fact, he could may as well come from America on a expedition!
The spelunker might've came from America to get the giant idol. Smiley
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 02:03:24 AM »

Only 1 flaw. Olmec is from Mexico.

Sarge
Bean

Shotgun rain

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 02:12:32 AM »

Yep

But there's one weird thing: Cavemen and hawkmen worship it.

The hawkman is a Egyptian creature. O_o
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »

More than that:

There's creatures from outer space, from China, from India, from Himalayas, may I go on?

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Wonkyth
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 05:40:12 AM »

And then BAM, you guys finally realise that Derek has successfully created an internationally relevant mythos. GG guys.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: