Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Natural [NSFW]  (Read 37055 times)
Natures Witness
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2014, 08:12:22 PM »

Cool, thanks for listening to all my ideas.  It's nice to know people are still making stuff for this game.  I'd offer to help with the save thing, but I have zero experience with Game Maker, so it's probably beyond me.  I occasionally do some coding stuff for a game called Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, but that's in C++ (which I only barely understand).
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »

OK I've added not one, not two but three different indicators to the shotgun! That's overkill, but I wanted to hear what you, as well as anyone else, thinks about them. First the inventory icon turns red (this applies to the pistol and web gun too), second there's a sound (chest sound at sped up by half) when it's ready again, and third you hold the shotgun at a 30 angle while it's reloading.

My initial impression was that the sound was annoying, but I got used to it pretty fast, and the token bit of animation (changing the angle) helps make the sound feel natural.

And let me know what you think!

P.S. I haven't touched the high score code yet but I did look at it. Doesn't seem too complicated so far.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:09:52 AM by Urza » Logged
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2014, 04:06:30 PM »

P.S. I haven't touched the high score code yet but I did look at it. Doesn't seem too complicated so far.

There isn't much work involved. Use the Community Update scripts, as TyrOvC tightened up my old Portable stuff.

Natures Witness
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

This sounds awesome, I'll let you know my opinion once I manage to find a shotgun in-game (Spelunky doesn't have a debug mode does it?)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »

Actually it does, if you put enable cheats in natural.cfg it enables you to execute commands by pressing enter. The command you want is instance_create(x,y,oShotgun); (case matters).

Alternatively, you can just use the editor.
Natures Witness
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2014, 05:46:21 PM »

D'oh, forgot about the level editor.  Tried it out, and it's awesome.  The tilting shotgun in particular is a really nice touch.  The colored gun graphic is also really helpful for the pistol and web gun, gives you a much better "feel" of the cycle time of the items.  The sound seems alright, It's not the most realistic but it's functional, and I can't think of anything better that doesn't involve adding entire new sounds to the game.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2014, 12:28:50 AM »

Added file based score records. (I used the community update code, though I only implemented the minimum of the import stuff.) It now uses a file named naturalscores.dat, which if not present will be created using a copy of your registry scores (either from regular Spelunky Classic or Spelunky Natural). Aside from the initial copy-over, your score in this mod is now completely separate, so you can reset one without having any effect the other for instance. And I kept all three cooldown/reloading indicators, 'cause why not?

This is now officially version 2.8, so get it from the link in the first post.
Natures Witness
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

Wow. this is great!  Guns are much easier to use, and I can move my save to another computer if I want without dealing with the registry.
Xama_
Bean

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2016, 09:23:34 AM »

Hey. I tried this mod to do something this afternoon, and...

I don't know why these blocks aren't good, and tried to do the only thing I was able to do : "?!CLEANUP".

Obviously, that doesn't work...

Someone has a solution ?

EDIT : I've this problem on many levels, in fact.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:53:12 AM by Xama_ » Logged

Han.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »

Umm. I think I'm going to need a more detailed explanation to be any help. Maybe you could post you level file? Also, was this something you created in Spelunky Natural's editor, or was it originally made with another mod?
Xama_
Bean

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »

Sure !

The levels : https://mega.nz/#!YsEHiCYC!j9S9XfxhImZid51xxnHstmjlV7tncZdKN-gdu3did6w

And, yes, I created this one with the basic SpelunkyEditor+(magic signs), and tried to edit with the Natural's editor.

Han.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »

Good news and bad news.

Bad first: It does appear to be a bug in Spelunky Natural, it's caused by the PIT level modifier, apparently. I'll have to dig into that to figure out what's wrong.

Good news: I have two workarounds to suggest.

• Don't use that. Instead use magic signs to delete the level border. This has some advantages, as you can delete it only where you want to pit to be. But note that the level border has double-stacked blocks for some reason, so you'll need to used the command D&D to delete both.
  • Use !CLEANUP after a slight delay to repair thew damage, like so: %w3%?!CLEANUP

I'll look into getting this fixed though. I have an idea for a new feature I want to add anyway, so now I've got an extra excuse to fire up game maker and mess with this again.

Edit:
Alright, It's fixed. It looks like the bug was caused by a combination of oPitActive calling scrSetupWalls() without specifying a level height, and some of my changes to that script which made it a bit stricter.

Anyway, I should have a new version out in a few days.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:27:57 AM by Urza » Logged
Xama_
Bean

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2016, 02:45:35 PM »

Yay okay, thank you very much !

Han.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2016, 12:41:45 AM »

Okay, new version is out. Same links the the first post.

In addition to the above problem with the PIT level modifier making blocks lose their "bottom" style, the following bugs have been fixed:

The oBlock can sometimes turn into oPushBlock. Although scrSetupWalls intentionally does this, I consider it undesirable in custom levels, so that part now runs only in standard levels.

Removing a chest from an idol altar wouldn't trigger the trap if the chest had been opened first.

Because a thrown key won't open a door in this version, it wasn't possible to open a door in the floor or ceiling. You can now do that by couching or "looking up" in the correct place (while holding the key).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 12:44:53 AM by Urza » Logged
Xama_
Bean

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2016, 06:54:13 AM »

New bugs today.
One of my level have some problems.
Indeed, when I launch it from the editor, all is ok, no problem.

But when I launch it from the list, I can hear the character die, and see the upper list (hp, bombs, ropes, etc.)
The game instant-crash like it :

But I can play this level from another level. So, all is ok, but, when the character die for a x or y reason, the game crash like it :

If you want, you can download the thing here : https://mega.nz/#!k9cjBbAR!0WXCQVlW__26_BDfsnRD-7A0r1EEwK33Fl-g0FxRQJA

Maybe could you help me ? ^^

Han.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: