Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Spelunky Natural [NSFW]  (Read 37626 times)
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 01:20:57 AM »

I just counted 510 code changes in my mod, not including any I forgot to comment...

Yeah, I think that SVN stuff may be worth looking into. It's kind of intimidating, but the doing it manually sure isn't very attractive either.
Kegluneq
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 01:54:49 AM »

Nice work! I'll admit I feel like the whole nudity thing is a tad bit unnecessary, but it doesn't seem like it constitutes as NSFW in any way at all.

A wild SHINY MOSSY appeared!
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 05:03:31 AM »

But to change the subject—because I really hope this thread doens't turn into a massive argument about women in games—can anyone give me some advice about giving this editor plus support? Like I said I wish I had built on top of that in the first place, but at this stage, the biggest question is whether I should try to import editor plus features into this, or do it the other way around.

Depending on how much you've changed around, I'd import into Editor Plus. There's a bunch of changes spread across all sorts of places. Ones I can remember of the top of my head:

scrCreateTile, scrCreateTileObj, scrSetCursorTile and oLevelEditor have had a bunch of stuff added. Duh.
Derek's idiot* 'have a tile for everything' system was replaced with halibabica's just 'change the sprite you dolt' system.
Layers. Of course, now the code works, it's pretty easy to port.
Tile Selector. Somewhat easy to port.
oPlayer1 has a bunch of changes in order to make the trapped items work.
Items without costs have had them added, stuff to make them not have costs in the main game, a new shopName variable for Vending Machines.
Also a thing to let you destroy Vending Machines items to avoid a crash.
Every enemy that carries an item now has a new variable to say what they carry and code to set them to carry default items in the main game.
The same applies to Locked Chests and Kali Alters.
scrMakeItem has been added.
Magic Signs!
Some items have stupid joke names that have a 1% chance of happening and can only be seen with Vending Machines. True Story!
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 07:39:01 AM »

Hmm. I'm concerned that I've messed with many of the same areas. I guess I'll just have to jump in, one way or another, and see how it goes.
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »

Feminist challenge is evil. Curse it and it's evilness. No interacting with shops is the main problem, since you know, very few items. Health is also an issue. I'm guessing no shortcuts as well, since Tunnel Man is, well you know.

Is there an equivalent thing for the Tunnel Man, where I can't get help from white people?

Also I fail to see how knocking someone unconscious and sacrificing them to an explicitly female deity counts as help.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »

Feminist challenge is evil. Curse it and it's evilness. No interacting with shops is the main problem, since you know, very few items. Health is also an issue. I'm guessing no shortcuts as well, since Tunnel Man is, well you know.

Is there an equivalent thing for the Tunnel Man, where I can't get help from white people?

Also I fail to see how knocking someone unconscious and sacrificing them to an explicitly female deity counts as help.

Hmm, I don't think I specifically factored in tunnel man (so buying a shortcut during the run would be okay). But you do have to play from the beginning for any of the challenges. I partly agree on the sacrifice thing. I did it that way mainly for thematic reasons. I wanted it to be more "I don't need you, I can do anything on my own!" rather than "I hate men and will devour your spleen!" Ya, know?

I did think about adding some kind of challenge(s) for the other characters, but I haven't got to that. I wouldn't want it to be an exact duplicate like that, in any case.
halibabica
Bossy
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 04:40:18 PM »

I almost feel bad for loling at this.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

Someone could make Spelunky Racist, then when both of these mods get noticed by the press the forum will explode with debate and hatemail from outsiders!

hmm, and I do post links to my own stuff here... if the forums exploded it could potentially raise my seo...

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

Like the terrorist mod where everyone looked middle eastern and you started with tons of bombs?

hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 07:57:42 AM »

I beat the challenge and unlocked *something*. It was hard. Hints:

Get crates.
Get the Scepter.
Be lucky with crates to have enough bombs and ropes.
Get Naked when fighting Olmec.
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »

Well done. I'm thinking I probably should have put in some kind of clue as to what the secret is. For now, I'll give you one myself: “A girl's best friend.” You don't have to be playing the Damsel to find it though, now that it's unlocked.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »

I whacked an NSFW label on the topic simply because it would kinda suck if someone lot their job over something like this. Tongue

Carry on. ^_^

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
hyperme
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »

For reasons that involve having enough items to justify a new shop type in Psi-lunky, where did you put the code for putting items in the bag/satchel in oPlayer1's massive block of code? Since your item bag thing works, using your trigger position should avoid problems.

Also what are other secret unlockers???
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 04:42:37 PM »

For reasons that involve having enough items to justify a new shop type in Psi-lunky, where did you put the code for putting items in the bag/satchel in oPlayer1's massive block of code? Since your item bag thing works, using your trigger position should avoid problems.
Since it's based on the Switch/Item key, I put it in the code for that, the block beginning with:
else if (inGame and kItemPressed and not whipping)
I donno if that's likely to make sense for yours. But that whole if-else if chain seems to control many actions, so some place in there might well be appropriate.

Also what are other secret unlockers???
I don't want to totally give them away just yet, but there are only two others so far, and they're significantly less creative, being directly related to the Damsel's new abilities.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:53:34 PM by Urza » Logged
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 06:55:23 PM »

A little status update:

I have successfully merged this with Editor Plus. Where "successfully" means I created a .gmk file that compiles and does not crash immediately when played.

But many bugs have been introduced, ranging from the predictable (containers stopped functioning), to the unexpected (giant spiders ignore you walking under them), to the bizarre (ropes shoot into the air and then just fall down again without effect).

Still, it's progress.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: