Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I plead guilty!  (Read 3035 times)
troodon
Seedling

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2009, 11:37:49 PM »

I just beat the game; not from start to finish, but from a shortcut.  It was a lot of fun, but I do have one complaint:

Let's say I bludgeon a man until he loses consciousness, and then I lift his body and heave it into a pit full of spikes.  He dies gruesomely.  Clearly I have murdered this man; no jury in the world would acquit me.  And yet in Spelunky, when I do this very deed, I do not get credit for killing the (cave) man who was my victim.  Neither am I credited for my hard work when I heave yeti after unconscious yeti into the abyss.  Certainly I enjoy watching them plummet, but still I would appreciate some recognition of my bloody work.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:26:05 AM »

That is because they very often do such things to themselves, so to get kills for that would lead to kills where you did not.

But a point is made. What you need to do is bludgeon the man more times intill he dies, then throw him on a pit of spikes. then on to some other spikes. make sure you bloody them all!

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Ninja_Zane
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:25:01 AM »

When you anger a ShopKeeper, and he jumps or falls into spikes, it counts as a kill.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:51:47 AM »

thats becuse shop keepers well never do that with out you starting it, as far as i know.

Show your power, Gun Del Hell! Show them their fate! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Here we go! Let's go, go, go, go, Django! Light and Dark! It comes down to this! Be afraid, Sun!
Phasma Felis
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:56:07 PM »

That is because they very often do such things to themselves, so to get kills for that would lead to kills where you did not.
I get blamed when a Martian blows off a shopkeeper's porch. I figure I should get credit when a caveman hurls himself into oblivion.
marsgreekgod
Big Bossy
Mossy

The will of the Galaxy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »

I get blamed when a Martian blows off a shopkeeper's porch. I figure I should get credit when a caveman hurls himself into oblivion.
But that would be NICE! you know this game just can't do that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: