Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread about cartoons and related things...  (Read 11002 times)
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »

Ok, here is the thread to talk about cartoons, cartoon shows, drawn and CGI films we love, hate, know, don't know, understand, don't understand and also about all stuff related to them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:44:05 AM by q0099 » Logged

Take the time to make some sense of what you want to say and cast your words away upon the waves.
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »

Gravity Falls

Made by: Alex Hirsch
Broadcasting: Disney

The show follows the adventures of 12-year old twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose parents send them off to their Great-Uncle Stan in the town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. "Grunkle" Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which charges visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum; but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.

The show is interesting, smart, mysterious and funny, made with a lot of attention to details and filled with hidden messages and references.

And that's how I'm generally feeling about this show:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:06:56 AM by q0099 » Logged

Take the time to make some sense of what you want to say and cast your words away upon the waves.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »

That gif as smooth animations.

Anyway, does manga and anime count (they're both "japanese cartoons")?

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »

Well, I'm sure anime is counts.

One of the first anime I watched was The World of the Talisman. It was also one of the first OVA anime. Drawn entirely by hands, by the way!
Oh, how much do I like anime of that era, especially the the space themed one, like "Lost Universe".
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:22:45 PM by q0099 » Logged

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »

I've started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_(anime)
I've generally ignored or dismissed anime for a long time, but I'm 7 or 8 episodes in, and really liking the story.

Leo
Shoot

Here I come, with my flood of ideas!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »

Naruto!
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 07:12:31 AM »

Can you tell me what I'm seeing here? I mean, do I understand in right?

The perfectly dubbed anime opening?

(By the way, if you didn't watched Nichijou, go and watch it right now)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:19:45 AM by q0099 » Logged

q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 03:30:48 PM »

neutral evil     neutral good     chaotic neutral

q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 05:44:29 AM »

And now for something completely different:
Mahou Shoujo Requiem AMV
!!!DUBSTEP WARNING!!! The Nightmagi Cometh Dayman !!!DUBSTEP WARNING!!!
Madoka Magica × Nichijou opening

Bonus: Madoka - Ante Up
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:09:49 PM by q0099 » Logged

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »

I love Sunny, and I love The Nightman Cometh, that was pretty sweet.

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »

Hey, guess what?
Bee and PuppyCat, the creation of Natasha Allegri (one of the brilliant talents behind Adventure Time) is coming at 11 July on CartoonHangover.

Right now, here is a sneaky-peaky preview trailer.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:32:55 AM by q0099 » Logged

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:25 AM »

I love adventure time sooo much. One of its creators says he often forgets the storylines as he makes the episodes. Apparently that's why a lot of the episodes are so random.

q0099
Mosskid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »

Hey-hey, people. Today I would like spotlight three subjects.

First - the new.
The first episode of Bee and Puppycat (by Natasha Allegri) was released on Cartoon Hangover. It's cute, funny and nicely done. Go watch it.

Second - the anime.
I would like to talk about the Dr. Slump (by Akira Toriyama). It's an absurd humor anime series from the creator of Dragon Ball Z, as well as the art director of such games as The Dragon Quest series and Chrono Trigger. So, the anime I'm talking is the New Dr. Slump, which is the remake of the old one. And it's a shame it still wasn't translated not by official, nor by any translation group, as it's incredibly fun, surrealistic and hilarious. Certainly, some of us could easily recognise the source of opening song.

Third - the old.
Do you remember the times when the interwebs was still new, fresh and clean?
If you do, you could remember this old flash cartoon There She Is (by SamBakZa). Yes, we had computers in 2003, though they was running on whale oil and for the interwebs you have to plug-in the Bell's telephone, I say.
By the way, as we recalling the old stuff here, you could also remember the Pin-Pin le Lapin cartoon by Studio Tanuki. Then you will be surprised watched Bunny Maloney series, which is relatively new remake, made in mix of modern art style and classic anime era direction.

Bonus: Out of Sight (by Ya-Ting Yu, Ya-Hsuan Yeh and Ling Chung)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:49:04 AM by q0099 » Logged

Arucard
Mossy

Hey! Is that CANDY?!?!?

Arucard.Tepes
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

So did you guys know I love Alice? I couldn't play back when it was new, but got to play when Alice: Madness Returns came out. Even though I didn't play it back then, I was so intrigued by American McGee's version of a Dark Wonderland. Quite a few years back Sarah Michelle Geller apparently acquired the rights to a movie for Alice, (I seem to remember the title "Dark Wonderland" being used) but never followed through on it. As far as I know she still holds the rights today, actually.

So why am I talking about this in a cartoon thread? Well, in an effort to continue the story of Alice from the second game (not as great as the first, but I liked it) American McGee is attempting to Kickstart an animated short film called Alice: Otherlands. I won't go into detail about the....uh details..you can check the video on the page for that.

Anyway, it's down to the wire now (5 days atm) and I really want to see this thing happen. So any of you interested in Alice the games/movies or whatever please check it out and pledge even a dollar if you can. Thank you internet friends. Smiley

Oh, they look like monsters to you?

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.
Subscriber01236
Mosskid

*something cool*

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »

Seeing this is a cartoon thread i think i'll just throw in that i watched the MLP;FIM Film and it not as bad as i thought it would be (besides the musicals i can't stand them) if you are a fan of the show (or just think it's a good show) i would recommend it.
Also watched the Power Puff Girls i thought of it what i used to think about MLP (ie just for 1 year old girls) then found out it was made by one of the same people (i don't remember her name) and gave it a shot, Quite good as well would recommend Tongue
This video here is also pretty much my thought on the moved (minus/ add a few things here and there) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJipry5--QA
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:09:00 PM by Subscriber01236 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: