Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to spelunky. Mod help please!  (Read 6913 times)
Therainbowbeast
Seedling

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

I just downloaded spelunky on my new computer and was wondering how to run mods. Whenever I clink on them they show me an error code. I know this question sounds stupid but I really need help. Thanks
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »

Just put them in the same folder as regular Spelunky. Most of them use the same files as the original, so they have to be in the same place.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »

If the error has to do with music then just move the mod to your spelunky folder.

Fridgelid
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »

In what folder, source code or original spelunky/config folder? And is it the same on a mac? What kind of mods are exempt from such a simple install?
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »

The folder with the original Spelunky .exe. Macs are a mystery to me.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Fridgelid
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »

Hmm... I did that with a quick restart mod, but it was for 1.1 and im on 1.3 (ported for mac obviously)... I have game maker lite but I have no clue how any of that works...
Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »

You can't compile Spelunky with GM Lite on Windows, so I doubt you can with the Mac version of GM Lite...and if you've never used Game Maker, combining two Spelunky mods isn't a good place to start learning.

TyrOvC
Mossbaby

This text is not random :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »

Sorry, but most mods weren't made when a mac build was even possible, and they'd take a lot of time to port. So you're pretty much out of luck without a windows computer.

At some point the community update project needs to get ported to GM:S though, which theoretically would make building the game and future mods for Windows/Mac/Linux at the same time easy (at the cost of more money for everyone involved).

Fridgelid
Seedling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:23:18 AM »

Hmm... not even with a .gm81 file? Is there nowhere I can put that in the source or spelunky folder to make it restart quickly? I absolutely abhor seeing my terrible scores after every single death :c or is there any other way to have a 'quick restart' feature? Thanks
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 06:32:25 PM »

Well, that particular feature can't be that hard to re-implement from scratch, but you'd still need the full version of Game Maker for mac to compile it at all. Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: