Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error: Before you extract files, you must copy files to folder  (Read 12637 times)
CCcanine
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: April 03, 2013, 08:41:02 PM »

Whenever I try to extract the files from the zipped folder, I get an error message similar to this. I keep trying to download it again, and then extract it from the new download, but that doesn't work either.
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »

All it wants you to do is to copy the files to a folder. Create a folder and then highlight the files in the zip. Once this is done move them to the other file. That is odd but it seems to be what it wants you to do.

CCcanine
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:13:55 PM »

I can't even open the zip to look at the files. It keeps acting like there is nothing in there or that it's corrupt Tongue
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:19:27 PM »

Right, that message does apparently mean it thinks the zip is empty.
I have no idea why it might be doing that, but why don't you try downloading from another site: Like this fan-updated version.

It's the same as normal Spelunky except with a some bugs fixed.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:38:45 AM »

Back to when I had dialup, my browsers, if I didn't use a custom download manager like DownThemAll, tend to abruptly claim that the download's complete, but didn't download everything needed to actually make it complete.

Like, for example, a 60MB file would download at least 7MB before the browser declared the file downloaded completely and then stop downloading some more.

This would result in the file being "corrupt".

Try redownloading the zip file.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
kj979
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:59:31 AM »

Back to when I had dialup, my browsers, if I didn't use a custom download manager like DownThemAll, tend to abruptly claim that the download's complete, but didn't download everything needed to actually make it complete.

Like, for example, a 60MB file would download at least 7MB before the browser declared the file downloaded completely and then stop downloading some more.

This would result in the file being "corrupt".

Try redownloading the zip file.

This happens to me too, usually when I download large files. I just had to download it over and over until it worked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: