Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Porting possibilities?  (Read 14062 times)
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 05:38:25 AM »

Because they already said what its features would be. They won't go back on it

There's a difference between the features and the final design, Nathan.

Meet Bodyless!

3DS friendcode: 4210 - 4681 - 1626

Join Dropbox!

BTC: 1M7MKFdwwrDqqowMUkrCXKhcEi7a16pwWy
Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 12:22:33 PM »

But they showed the final design. Trust me, I know a Sony video game system dev

halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »

I am a Sony video game system dev.{/pleasebelieveme}

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »

How would he know it's a final design if it hasn't officially even been released to customers yet?

I bet your friend who has a Sony dev kit actually has a prototype version used to develop games before the console has been officially released (ie, a "early dev kit that's used so that one can make games before the console's been finalized").

I bet ya he'll eventually will get the final design (or has to buy it) dev kit closer to launch date.

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

kj979
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 03:48:55 PM »

I think he was joking.
KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 03:13:48 AM »

I think he was joking.

I can't tell.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:27:28 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 10:49:33 PM »

How would he know it's a final design if it hasn't officially even been released to customers yet?

I bet your friend who has a Sony dev kit actually has a prototype version used to develop games before the console has been officially released (ie, a "early dev kit that's used so that one can make games before the console's been finalized").

I bet ya he'll eventually will get the final design (or has to buy it) dev kit closer to launch date.

NO! My friends dad's company (he was very high up in. I think he owns it) was bought by sony and he is working on the actual sony consoles. He is not a game dev.

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »

In fact ill prove it to you! When the next Sony console comes out (not ps4) it is going to be completely cloud based and not called the playstation. That is all he said. If you don't believe me, wait a few years, it will prove my assertion.

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 02:03:30 AM »

NO! My friends dad's company (he was very high up in. I think he owns it) was bought by sony and he is working on the actual sony consoles. He is not a game dev.

I thought Sony was Japanese-based?

Anyway, I don't think he's the main designer of the PS4.

Even so, it's still possible for designs of anything in developement to change as time goes by.

You DO know that, Nathan?

In fact ill prove it to you! When the next Sony console comes out (not ps4) it is going to be completely cloud based and not called the playstation. That is all he said. If you don't believe me, wait a few years, it will prove my assertion.

No man on Earth can predict the future, Nathan, meaning your "proof" can be inaccurate (if it's "plans", then it's possible for plans to change).

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Moloch
Mosskid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »

I'm in awe of the talent that you two have for filling threads with off-topic bullshit. It's fucking relentless.

Nathan
Mossy

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 06:49:43 AM »

Um I didnt say he was lead ps4 dev. He is not. He is working on another sony entertainment system...

KarjamP
Mossy

Meet Miijam!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 07:00:26 AM »

Um I didnt say he was lead ps4 dev. He is not. He is working on another sony entertainment system...

You implied he was working on the PS4, Nathan.

How does he know that the current design of the PS4 is the final if he's working on another console?

Also, if you said is true about the "next" console, chances are, the console your friend's father's working on is not in the Playstation family.

IE, I think it'll be outside of Sony's main consoles.

Of course, I'll believe you better about your friend's father working for Sony if you say he's working on the cloud gaming platform for the PS4 that'll allow you to play games designed for the PS1, PS2 and the PS3.

Besides, even if that WAS the final design, the PS4's already confirmed to be very powerful (with 8GB RAM and {I think} graphics as advanced as the Wii U, if not better), so it'll be able to run Spelunky.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 07:02:09 AM by KarjamP » Logged

Meet Bodyless!

Join Dropbox!

Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 03:23:59 PM »

I'm in awe of the talent that you two have for filling threads with off-topic bullshit. It's fucking relentless.
This. Thread locked.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: