Poll
Question: witch do you think is better there both free but i prefer cave story but what do you think
Cave story
Spelunky
I don't know
haven't played cave story
haven't played Spelunky

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: cave story VS Spelunky  (Read 16362 times)
londonlock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« on: March 01, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »

i prefer cave story but what is your opinion
IFapToYourSister
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »

Spelunky, also why would you debate this? It's basically just fueling up a flame war.
londonlock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 06:31:18 PM »

i feall it is a perfectly logical debate
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:56:15 PM by londonlock » Logged
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »

It's hardly flame-war fuel, but it's also not really a reasonable debate. It's apples vs oranges, my friend. Considering they have fairly little in common, gameplay-wise, there's no reasonable way to make a comparison.

Can you read the wry? Can you FEEL the wry?!
halibabica
Mossy

old guard

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:39:07 AM »

What Wonkyth said. They're both excellent games for completely different reasons.

Sometimes I wonder if I like Spelunky too much.
ManTrap mod - Tastes Like Spelunky
Hand-drawn comic - Spelunkying
Urza
Mossbaby

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 12:50:33 PM »

I only played Cave Story a little, and it seems like a perfectly nice game, but I'm particularly fond of games like Spelunky that are randomized each to you play.
Skoke
Mossy

Ballin'

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »

plus we're biased here, since this is a community of spelunky lovers.
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

I'll restate: there is no comparison to be made!

Seriously, what can we possibly compare? The platforming physics? The art? The sound?
Other than those, they hold practically nothing else in common.
It pisses me off a little that people feel the need to make arbitrary comparisons between things that are so different and yet both fantastic. You might as well compare the taste of a fine cheese to having a million dollars for all the good it will do anyone.

Now if you were to ask for a comparison between Cave Story and other metroidvanias/platform-adventures (like Iji, Aquaria or Saira) or between Spelunky and other Action-Roguelikes (such as the Binding of Isaac or Teleglitch)then perhaps this discussion would be worth it's salt.

Currently?
Heck no.

londonlock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »

Seriously, what can we possibly compare? The platforming physics? The art? The sound?
It pisses me off a little that people feel the need to make arbitrary comparisons between things that are so different and yet both fantastic. You might as well compare the taste of a fine cheese to having a million dollars for all the good it will do anyone.

Now if you were to ask for a comparison between Cave Story and other metroidvanias/platform-adventures (like Iji, Aquaria or Saira) or between Spelunky and other Action-Roguelikes (such as the Binding of Isaac or Teleglitch)then perhaps this discussion would be worth it's salt.

Currently?
Heck no.
im not doing this fore similarity im doing it because there both my top 2 favorite games
Ronnys
Mossbaby

Where's the chapstick?

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »

Currently?
Heck no.
im not doing this fore similarity im doing it because there both my top 2 favorite games
That's literally NO reason to compare them. They're both good, okay? And you preschoolers that play video games without their mommy's permission are not going to change that.

I like trains.
londonlock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »

Currently?
Heck no.
That's literally NO reason to compare them. They're both good, okay? And you preschoolers that play video games without their mommy's permission are not going to change that.
yes i know and im not a preschooler im just a fan of hearing other's opinions and playing games without my mothers permission whats bad in cave story other than the Easter egg with charico<sorry if i i did spell her name wrong im vary bad with names but even if i where a kid which im not im 16 thank you it wold be easy to get permission  but im of topic  theirs nothing wrong with wanting to hear other opinions on games
Wonkyth
Big Bossy
Mossy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 12:17:10 AM »

Fair enough. I confess I'd probably say I prefer Cave Story over Spelunky, simply because of the narrative, but that doesn't get us very far. Tongue

IFapToYourSister
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 12:21:52 AM »

Honestly? I think Cave Story is one of those games you'll play, beat, and never play again. I just found it fun the first time but I have no reason to go back to it. In my opinion Spelunky has loads of replay value and I never really get tired of it.
londonlock
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 12:59:29 AM »

Honestly? I think Cave Story is one of those games you'll play, beat, and never play again. I just found it fun the first time but I have no reason to go back to it. In my opinion  has loads of replay value and I never really get tired of it.
fair but a reason to replay it is it has a active modding community like Spelunky but cave story has 3 endings but i think we can agree the sound track on cave stoy is epic but anyhow i started this poll to see others opinion but ima put this on cave story.org too and add the votes
kj979
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »

@londonlock
No offense, but you really need to use this: http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/big%20black%20dot.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: