Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large chest in wall  (Read 1862 times)
Lin
Shoot

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »

No screenshot sorry, but on one play the large chest spawned inside of a wall. I only found it by accident since it was the tile directly beside the exit and I was still holding the key when I pressed up against it. This opened the chest so I bombed the wall and got the Udjat Eye.
Hayden
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:39:41 AM »

Odd. I've never seen the chest appear in the wall before. No screenshot = no proof, but to full-on ignore what could possibly be an annoying bug would be kind of lame. Maybe something buggy happened while it was off-screen, but outside of the "Frozen Region", and was inside a wall when it appeared on screen. Did you have spectacles equipped?
Lin
Shoot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »

No spectacles, like I said finding it was largely a fluke. It was the fourth area so I knew the chest had to be on that level but after searching everywhere else nothing showed up.
I didn't use any bombs on the level which could hurl the chest around and so it did seem to spawn there as opposed to being moved there.
GreyMario
Bean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »

According to the code, a random Gold Bar is replaced with the Large Chest.

However, this would logically mean that Gold Bars are, for some reason, being spawned inside walls very infrequently. This certain combination of events is just nuts... the probability must be really frickin' low.
Hayden
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:32:15 PM »

Hrm. This seems like something that should be at least checked out..
Any problems, common or not, should at least be given a chance to be removed.
Me, I'm not a nerd when it comes to codes or anything.. I just like computer games and stuff, I'm not so genius when it comes to coding, so, maybe someone should look into this problem.. Someone that's actually good at coding, unlike me.
Hammer
Seedling

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 03:34:01 AM »

I've had this happen to me too, it spawned in a block right next to the exit. I'm certain it was inside the block and not just a product of me not seeing it. I seem to recall having the spectacles too and it didn't show up. It's a separate issue, butcCould it be that the spectacle coding doesn't take this rare occurrence into account? (Or is my memory flawed and the code pushes that sprite layer to the front like my brain says it should?)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: